All times are UTC+02:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:19 am 

Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:55 pm
Posts: 8
I'm feeding the 64 bit VST Plugin standalone version of Stereotool using the Studio One preset with a modified surround over headphones signal. It's not meant to give a Home Theater effect, just a mediation of the left, center, right blobs of sound usually heard with stereo headphones. The sound will be more aggressive than the Studio One preset as I feed Stereotool's output to another limiter set for that.

Stream url: http://s5.citrus3.com:8198/stream

Edit2: The experiment is back on. I'm now using the standalone 64 bit version of Stereotool. Hopefully this fixes the stability problems. Less strain on the vst plugin host. The DSP Load is reduced 75%.

Edit3: Ended. The Culprit is the V.I Converter plugin. It runs for 27 hours then fails. I'll have to find another converter plugin.


Last edited by Keno84 on Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:23 am, edited 7 times in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:07 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:44 pm
Posts: 231
Location: Texas, USA
Quote:
...with a modified surround over headphones signal. It's not meant to give a Home Theater effect, just a mediation of the left, center, right blobs of sound usually heard with stereo headphones.
Could you share any more details about what surround-over-headphones algorithm you are using?

I'm hearing peaking artifacts with your current limiter. (EDIT: Okay, perhaps it was the sound of the source file as it's not happening anymore)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:02 pm 

Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:55 pm
Posts: 8
Quote:
Could you share any more details about what surround-over-headphones algorithm you are using?

I'm hearing peaking artifacts with your current limiter. (EDIT: Okay, perhaps it was the sound of the source file as it's not happening anymore)
V.I STEREO TO 5.1 CONVERTER VST PLUGIN SUITE

It must be the source file as I've lowered the input to the last limiter.

EDIT: I think I found the source of the peaking artifacts, lowered pre-fader gain in Mixxx added make-up gain with limiter directly after.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:50 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:44 pm
Posts: 231
Location: Texas, USA
Quote:
Edit3: Ended. The Culprit is the V.I Converter plugin. It runs for 27 hours then fails. I'll have to find another converter plugin.
Hi. So I've come across a good free surround virtualization method. It uses Equalizer APO and is called HeSuVi. It's basically impulse responses in a convolution reverb, recorded from existing headphone virtualization methods. Personally, I've been switching between Dolby Atmos and Sennheiser GSX. I have Dolby Access and it sounds pretty much identical for music. I haven't done enough online gaming to know how accurate the positioning is, however. But that's also adjustable within the HeSuVi UI.

The way I have mine set up is on a virtual audio cable with the speaker pin enabled. Then it goes into EQ APO and through HeSuVi, which has to be enabled for the device as well. Then you would go out to the stand-alone Stereo Tool or whatever your output system for ST is (I use the VST host in BreakawayOne to then pipe it to multiple outputs).

Unfortunately, the VST host in EQualizer APO doesn't want to play nice with the Stereo Tool plugin version; so you can't put it ahead of HeSuVi in the chain to process each discreet channel (yet).

Good luck!


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:31 pm 

Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:55 pm
Posts: 8
Quote:
Quote:
Edit3: Ended. The Culprit is the V.I Converter plugin. It runs for 27 hours then fails. I'll have to find another converter plugin.
Hi. So I've come across a good free surround virtualization method. It uses Equalizer APO and is called HeSuVi. It's basically impulse responses in a convolution reverb, recorded from existing headphone virtualization methods. Personally, I've been switching between Dolby Atmos and Sennheiser GSX. I have Dolby Access and it sounds pretty much identical for music. I haven't done enough online gaming to know how accurate the positioning is, however. But that's also adjustable within the HeSuVi UI.

The way I have mine set up is on a virtual audio cable with the speaker pin enabled. Then it goes into EQ APO and through HeSuVi, which has to be enabled for the device as well. Then you would go out to the stand-alone Stereo Tool or whatever your output system for ST is (I use the VST host in BreakawayOne to then pipe it to multiple outputs).

Unfortunately, the VST host in EQualizer APO doesn't want to play nice with the Stereo Tool plugin version; so you can't put it ahead of HeSuVi in the chain to process each discreet channel (yet).

Good luck!
I've used HeSuVi before but never thought to try it here, Thanks!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:28 am 

Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:55 pm
Posts: 8
Experiment back on and completed. SOH perfected, using Waves UM226 UpMixer. Stable image, good surround effect.

EDIT: No Good. UM226 swaps the LFE and Rs channels. :( Must look further.

UPDATE: UM226 uses completely non-standard channel mappings. Ditched VSTHost for Carla which has the patchbay feature which let me remap the channels. Result: SOH works.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC+02:00


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited