All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:19 am 

I'm feeding the 64 bit VST Plugin standalone version of Stereotool using the Studio One preset with a modified surround over headphones signal. It's not meant to give a Home Theater effect, just a mediation of the left, center, right blobs of sound usually heard with stereo headphones. The sound will be more aggressive than the Studio One preset as I feed Stereotool's output to another limiter set for that.

Stream url: http://stream.zeno.fm/a9gqyq6kx38uv

Edit2: The experiment is back on. I'm now using the standalone 64 bit version of Stereotool. Hopefully this fixes the stability problems. Less strain on the vst plugin host. The DSP Load is reduced 75%.

Edit3: Ended. The Culprit is the V.I Converter plugin. It runs for 27 hours then fails. I'll have to find another converter plugin.

Edit4: Completely reconfigured using my own surround upmixer. Surround-Over-Headphones no longer experimental. Moved to all streams (except Gospel) at https://nytalentmedia.com. Each has a slightly different flavor. Please sample and let me know your thoughts.

Last edited by Keno84 on Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:51 pm, edited 10 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:07 am 

Quote:
...with a modified surround over headphones signal. It's not meant to give a Home Theater effect, just a mediation of the left, center, right blobs of sound usually heard with stereo headphones.
Could you share any more details about what surround-over-headphones algorithm you are using?

I'm hearing peaking artifacts with your current limiter. (EDIT: Okay, perhaps it was the sound of the source file as it's not happening anymore)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:02 pm 

Quote:
Could you share any more details about what surround-over-headphones algorithm you are using?

I'm hearing peaking artifacts with your current limiter. (EDIT: Okay, perhaps it was the sound of the source file as it's not happening anymore)
V.I STEREO TO 5.1 CONVERTER VST PLUGIN SUITE

It must be the source file as I've lowered the input to the last limiter.

EDIT: I think I found the source of the peaking artifacts, lowered pre-fader gain in Mixxx added make-up gain with limiter directly after.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:50 am 

Quote:
Edit3: Ended. The Culprit is the V.I Converter plugin. It runs for 27 hours then fails. I'll have to find another converter plugin.
Hi. So I've come across a good free surround virtualization method. It uses Equalizer APO and is called HeSuVi. It's basically impulse responses in a convolution reverb, recorded from existing headphone virtualization methods. Personally, I've been switching between Dolby Atmos and Sennheiser GSX. I have Dolby Access and it sounds pretty much identical for music. I haven't done enough online gaming to know how accurate the positioning is, however. But that's also adjustable within the HeSuVi UI.

The way I have mine set up is on a virtual audio cable with the speaker pin enabled. Then it goes into EQ APO and through HeSuVi, which has to be enabled for the device as well. Then you would go out to the stand-alone Stereo Tool or whatever your output system for ST is (I use the VST host in BreakawayOne to then pipe it to multiple outputs).

Unfortunately, the VST host in EQualizer APO doesn't want to play nice with the Stereo Tool plugin version; so you can't put it ahead of HeSuVi in the chain to process each discreet channel (yet).

Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:31 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi. So I've come across a good free surround virtualization method. It uses Equalizer APO and is called HeSuVi. It's basically impulse responses in a convolution reverb, recorded from existing headphone virtualization methods. Personally, I've been switching between Dolby Atmos and Sennheiser GSX. I have Dolby Access and it sounds pretty much identical for music. I haven't done enough online gaming to know how accurate the positioning is, however. But that's also adjustable within the HeSuVi UI.

The way I have mine set up is on a virtual audio cable with the speaker pin enabled. Then it goes into EQ APO and through HeSuVi, which has to be enabled for the device as well. Then you would go out to the stand-alone Stereo Tool or whatever your output system for ST is (I use the VST host in BreakawayOne to then pipe it to multiple outputs).

Unfortunately, the VST host in EQualizer APO doesn't want to play nice with the Stereo Tool plugin version; so you can't put it ahead of HeSuVi in the chain to process each discreet channel (yet).

Good luck!
I've used HeSuVi before but never thought to try it here, Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:28 am 

Experiment back on and completed. SOH perfected, using Waves UM226 UpMixer. Stable image, good surround effect.

UM226 Uses standard channel mappings. My old PC was at fault.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:50 pm 

Quote:
Experiment back on and completed. SOH perfected, using Waves UM226 UpMixer. Stable image, good surround effect.

UM226 Uses standard channel mappings. My old PC was at fault.
12/19/2021 Surround Dropped. Waves v13 doesn't work with my system. I hate Waves. Will be avoiding them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:18 am 

12/26/2021 Surround Back Up. Developed my own Surround UpMixer. No more hassles with Licensing software. Listening link in first post. Please comment.