All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:08 am 

Hello:

I know I would appreciate any criticism - constructive or otherwise - about this stream's overall sound and dynamics (or lack thereof). Originally, I was running ST on a Raspberry Pi 4 but I recently moved it to a micro Win10 machine. I am therefore pushing it a little harder. I have been listening so hard that I am experiencing ear fatigue, so I may be way off in my evaluation. So, lend me your ears, if you have 5-10 mins to have a go!

http://player.live365.com/a37519

It's a brand new service - web site not yet built and playlist about only 20% finished. Between installing Rivendell on a Centos7 and Stereo Tool with BUTT on a second computer, I've been busy this last week! Thanks for any feedback, even if you say "it stinks". Or, maybe "it sounds great". You be the judge.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:30 am 

"Due to copyright law, Live365's Licensed Player is only available for listening in the United States, Canada and Great Britain. You may find this station elsewhere by searching the web or contacting the station owner directly to learn about international accessibility."

You're not making it easy ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:53 pm 

Quote:
"Due to copyright law, Live365's Licensed Player is only available for listening in the United States, Canada and Great Britain. You may find this station elsewhere by searching the web or contacting the station owner directly to learn about international accessibility."

You're not making it easy ;)
Yeah, I know. A trade-off for the low monthly fee. Sadly. I can't afford global rights. Just keeping it legal. I guess that's why the Net gods made VPNs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:42 pm 

Quote:
I guess that's why the Net gods made VPNs.
That's true. I'm currently having to use one to connect to the forums. The standard stereotool.com website works, but forums.stereotool.com needs an alternate connection today.

As far as the preset goes, it sounds a little over compressed? Hearing cymbals stutter with the bass frequencies.
[edit: Actually, I accidentally had my bypass turned up too loudly. It was totally happening on my end.]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:13 pm 

Quote:

[edit: Actually, I accidentally had my bypass turned up too loudly. It was totally happening on my end.]
I think it's a little too thick, too, though I don't -as you said before your edit- hear cymbals stutter with bass. I do hear some bass distortion. Still, work to do. But, it's maybe 95% there. Maybe.