All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

Here's a short tutorial describing how you can create a translation file, and how you can update it for newer versions of Stereo Tool.

Create a new translation file
  • First of all, to be as complete as possible, you should always create a translation file with the stand alone version of Stereo Tool, because many settings aren't available in plugin versions. So, open the stand alone version of Stereo Tool.
  • Go to Configuration
  • Under 'Operating mode, select 'Extreme Tweaker'.
  • In the same panel, under 'Language' a new button will appear, 'Export language file Export.stl'. Press that button.
At this point, a file Export.stl has been created. If Stereo Tool has write access in its 'current directory' (usually the directory that contains the executable), it's placed there, otherwise it's placed in the user settings directory (usually C:\Users\username\ ).
  • Rename this file! If you press the export button again it will be overwritten. Also, if it's not placed in the same directory as the Stereo Tool executable, move or copy it there, otherwise Stereo Tool won't load it.
  • If you restart Stereo Tool you should find the new language file as an option under 'Languages'.
  • Open the file and edit it. The text before the '=' character is the original text (which is used for lookups), the text after it is the translation. For many texts multiple versions (with different lengths) are available, to have an alternative, shorter text available on smaller displays - you can recognize those from the .0, .1 and .2 appendices before the '=' sign. You should also make the translations shorter. If you want to add an extra shorter version for a specific text that doesn't yet have a shorter version, you can just create a line with .1 or .2 prepended before the '='.
  • Finally, if you're happy, upload the file to this forum section!
Update a translation file
Say you made a translation for version 7.40 and want to upgrade it to contain all the texts for version 7.50. Here's how to do that:
  • Load the text file in Stereo Tool
  • Export it the same way as described above. If you press the Export button with a different language loaded, it will export a file for that language. All the newly added lines in version 7.50 will also be available (warning though: Things that are removed are also gone, and if the original text has changed, the translation is also gone. Which is normally a good thing).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:54 pm 

I am having problems.. I think my language (Greek) is not supported..
Attachment:
stprob.png
stprob.png [ 155.12 KiB | Viewed 22264 times ]

My radio station
http://amradio.ddns.net

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:54 pm 

try..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:06 pm 

Thank you very much but it does notwork tried UTF-8 , Windows-1253 and ISO. But nothing now i have other funky looking characters

My radio station

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:08 pm 
Site Admin

You're right - some Greek characters are supported (like ß, mu - basically those that are in the standard 8-bit ASCII set), but not the others yet.......
I want to add them - but not now (just way too busy with other things).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:32 pm 

Ok Hans. Thats why it didn't work at all.. If you only support ascii the you only suport english characters. If you are albe to switch to unicode some time in the future please inform me.

I will start translating and when ST is ready for greek i will post it here (or do you want me to post the file for testing?)

Thank You Very Much Hans And Bojcha

Kostas

My radio station

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

Well I support Unicode - the thing is that I have to add bitmaps for non-ASCII8 characters manually.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:03 pm 

Ok Hans. I don't know alot about character sets but the Greek language is supported by UTF-8. Maybe i am wrong....

BTW do you want the translation for testing when i finish with it????

My radio station

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

That's not the issue - I don't use the standard fonts in my software and I have to explicitly start supporting it. Once it works you could send it to me but I won't be able to read it (well ok, I can read Greek, learned ancient Greek in school, but I just won't understand what I'm reading).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:42 pm 

What about support of Czech language and its special characters like "áčďěéíňóřšťúůýž"? I would like to try to start the translation, but if these characters aren't displayable, it would be probably a waste of time..