All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:15 pm 

Hello,

I was resistant to using a software based processor from the beginning, but since starting our studio rebuild, and to save some dough, I thought I would give Stereo Tool a try....I do like the many presets I am finding, however, those are useless unless I can figure out what the issue here is...

If I cannot get these simple issues resolved in the next few days, I will just bite the bullet and purchase an an actual hardware based Audio Processor. Looking at the Novia 262. Would much rather see if I can make Stereo Tool function, as I know it is good.

Set up is robust and ready for broadcast: i7 machine with 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, studio gear is Arrakis ARC10 Console with Harmony Sound Card, and an AirCorp PH500 Mic Processor.

Issue is: Getting a 1-2 second delay on music and mic when in Air (out). Also, slight echo on mic when in AIR. All indicators point to the processor, because when in program (not processed) it doesn't occur.

Wondering what the many of you have experience and if you have any advice, tips or suggestions that may offer. I have been reading many of your posts and you guys sure know a lot more than I, so I thought this might be a good place to start.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Greg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:28 pm 

For latency, you really need soundcard that supports asio. I dont know how much delay is fine with you, but 0ms is not possible. If your soundcard (mpx) directly goes into transmitter then you can make latency around 100ms with good preset an quality.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:09 pm 

Deleted software, just purchased a real processor. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:49 pm 

Quote:
Deleted software, just purchased a real processor. Thanks
Enjoy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:33 pm 

Such a shame. Stereo Tool is packed with endless possibilities, and stations can sound so good with it. You have to bare with some latency though, because thats digital life. Algorithms take time to process, and some buffering needs to be done. You really shouldn't experience over 1 second latencies though, if you invest in a adequate sound card with ASIO.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:33 am 

Quote:
Such a shame. Stereo Tool is packed with endless possibilities, and stations can sound so good with it. You have to bare with some latency though, because thats digital life. Algorithms take time to process, and some buffering needs to be done. You really shouldn't experience over 1 second latencies though, if you invest in a adequate sound card with ASIO.
i have achieved stable 25mS latency and this is using WASPI on a built-in soundcard on a laptop.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:41 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
i have achieved stable 25mS latency and this is using WASPI on a built-in soundcard on a laptop.
You will get less than that if you simply use the LQLL audio with ASIO to feed the desk as an alternative "Off-Air" confidence audio feed and simply give StereoTool the time and processor power it needs to give your MPX out the quality it deserves.
Works a charm!

Ross

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:20 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You will get less than that if you simply use the LQLL audio with ASIO to feed the desk as an alternative "Off-Air" confidence audio feed and simply give StereoTool the time and processor power it needs to give your MPX out the quality it deserves.
Works a charm!

Ross
yes, that is true but in my particular case, i am using ST to process digital sound from a cable box, so low latency is a must ;)