All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:52 pm 

Hello! I'm about to embark on my first Raspberry Pi voyage and I need to know what the minimum resolution needed to get everything out of Stereo Tool. I realize there's a new GUI in the works and a lot of things are still undecided (or at lease unannounced), so I'm not sure if I need to worry about the current GUI's limitations.

I'm looking at the official 800x480 touch screen ( https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/ra ... h-display/ ). Does anybody have any experience using this screen with Stereo Tool? Would I be best off using the web interface since a browser can scale and pan?

Optimally I would like to be able to use an even smaller, lower resolution touch screen the size of the Pi itself. But I can see how that could get real messy, even with a GUI designed for that size.

Thanks!
Ty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:07 pm 

I think you would need at least 1024x768 for current gui.
You can always resize gui to some resolution and see what is visible and how it looks. Just checked and 800*600 is kinda not enough.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:44 pm 

Yeah, I figured that'd be too low. But I also didn't know if Linux or Raspbian itself has some sort of UI scaling built into it. I suppose I'll find out more later today when I get my hands on it.

Maybe this should go to Wish List, but I think it would be great if the new GUI was able to support smaller resolutions in addition to higher ones. Seems like aiming for the resolution and size of the official Pi screen I linked would probably be a decent target.

Edit: This is ultimately, hopefully, going to be a way to get Stereo Tool in my car audio pipeline.