All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:03 pm 

My audio stream has begun to do some audio skipping and I believe is the stereo tool, I'm running Nicecast on a macbook pro 2011 13" with 4mb ram. It was running since march 2018 24/7 without any problems. Any suggestions????

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:29 am 

How do you route your audio from Stereo Tool to nicecast?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:01 pm 

In the I/O (Normal Output) part of Stereo Tool I have on Device ID : Built-in Output (Core Audio 32-192khz) Volume says 0.00db (100%) Buffer size/Diversity Delay 1,0000sec and Stream restarted after BUFFER OVERFLOW is like halfway thru.
In Inputs on Display synchronization it says: Synchronize with "Monitor output"

It's not doing it now so I have to assume it's a memory (ram) problem since I get a Sound Card Error message that says "Normal output: Stream restarted after BUFFER OVERFLOW. Should I upgrade my macbook pro from 4mb of Ram to 8 or 16?
Also I notice there's a low latency output in stereo tool, can I use this to monitor me while I'm "Live"? how I should configured and did I need another external card to listen? I would loved to hear myself fully processed while I'm live talking in the air.

Thanks for your support

Luiggi Berrios
Fuzed Club Radio
fuzedclubradio.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:29 pm 

Amount of ram will not help since ST does not use much memory. Dual-Channel memory will help.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:24 pm 
Site Admin

Buffer overflow just means that too much data was going out which the sound card could not handle. Not memory related. We only allocate a few seconds of audio, which should be enough.

Best question I can ask is: What changed? If it worked well for half a year and now it suddenly doesn't, something much have changed.

Low latency: I don't think it's going to be low enough on a Mac at this point. It might be, I'm not sure... On Windows you can get down to 5-6 ms, which is definitely low enough for monitoring. I've never really tested this on a Mac though...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:46 pm 

Quote:
Buffer overflow just means that too much data was going out which the sound card could not handle. Not memory related. We only allocate a few seconds of audio, which should be enough.

Best question I can ask is: What changed? If it worked well for half a year and now it suddenly doesn't, something much have changed.

Low latency: I don't think it's going to be low enough on a Mac at this point. It might be, I'm not sure... On Windows you can get down to 5-6 ms, which is definitely low enough for monitoring. I've never really tested this on a Mac though...
Hi, the only thing I have change is the output which I gave a little more volume that's it. Can I send you my preset so you can take a look at it to see if it needs to be adjusted audio allocation you mention here?
My email is luiggiberrios@gmail.com.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

This isn't preset related... Maybe a Mac OS X update? They appear to break stuff every time... (Windows 10 is bad with updates, but Mac OS X is extremely bad).

Could it be that your Mac is getting too hot? It could be worth a try to clean the fans.