All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:12 pm 

Hi all

Running stereo tool on a VPS.

Stereo tool is paired to RadioBoss, which in turn is pared to Icecast this streams music on rotation 24/7.

Lately I have become extremely fussy, and fidgety with the audio quality.

I would love to be able to fine tune stereo tool within the VPS, but the delay of a few seconds for a simple adjustment (sometimes more) makes this impossible.

If only there was something which would stream the RAW output of the soundcard to my physical machine in South Africa, and stream the audio so that I could tweak it from that, as opposed to Icecast, I could then use Stereo Tool's Web interface (I have Zerotier set up on the VPS so can access it as if it was on my home network) to make the changes, with probably less latency.

Or am I missing something

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:54 pm 

Why don't you just install a copy of stereotool on your local machine, import the current preset, feed the music you're going to work on and finally export the preset and upload to your VPS?

EDIT: I'd always try to do the adjustments off-air. Because when fiddling with the settings, I want to set to bypass or difference or "hear"-mode, that would sound awful on air.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:27 pm 

Quote:
Hi all

Running stereo tool on a VPS.

Stereo tool is paired to RadioBoss, which in turn is pared to Icecast this streams music on rotation 24/7.

Lately I have become extremely fussy, and fidgety with the audio quality.

I would love to be able to fine tune stereo tool within the VPS, but the delay of a few seconds for a simple adjustment (sometimes more) makes this impossible.

If only there was something which would stream the RAW output of the soundcard to my physical machine in South Africa, and stream the audio so that I could tweak it from that, as opposed to Icecast, I could then use Stereo Tool's Web interface (I have Zerotier set up on the VPS so can access it as if it was on my home network) to make the changes, with probably less latency.

Or am I missing something

Thanks
you can create a very low latency icecast server running on your lan and stream to that server while also streaming to your main one with the delay. however you should practice your presets on a test machine and just import your final preset to your main machine