Try input sync ON, not auto.
Thanks Bojcha, done.
I'll monitor it over the weekend when I have a bit more time and report back if it's still dropping out (or not).
**EDIT** Still noticing dropouts, maybe not as bad as when buffering at 100ms, so backed off to 500ms, where the buffer has settled around 1/2 scale rather than constantly 100% as it was at 100ms. Not noticing any immediate dropouts as yet. I'll monitor it at 500ms over the weekend and report back.
Looks like it's now solved. Thanks for all the help!
I also discovered that the program I was streaming to our TX PC with was limited to 192kbps, using AAC. It sounded pretty good, though you could hear artifacts on some songs. But what a difference when I changed to stream instead through VLC using ogg@500kbps! Sounds much better. Much fuller sound, with artifacts radically reduced. I tried to use FLAC lossless, but the right amount of sibilance we had became mushy. 500kbps using ogg seems a happy balance.
RadioDJ 220.127.116.11 | Stereo Tool 9.90 | MBRecaster 18.104.22.168 | Aareff TX
The ONE - 107.3FM Whakatane, New Zealand | www.theone.net.nz