All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:21 pm 

Hi,
i have some trouble with stereo tool and the configuration and can´t find out in the help what to do. First my hardware-configuration:

P4 Dual core 3,0GHz
2GB DDR I RAM
ESI Maya44

The problem: I am simply using Winamp. The output is set to channel 12. On this output i am using a 6,3mm jack to the fm transmitter. I got stereo out (stereo led on the rx is on). The sound output is mono what i can hear. Absolutely no channel separation. What might be the problem? What can i check in the software?
When i am not using stereotool and a hardware stereo-encoder it is no problem. I think it is a missconfiguration with the maya?

Thank you,
Andre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:33 am 
Site Admin

Hi Andre,

Welcome to the Stereo Tool forums!

Maja, port 1+2, jack to FM transmitter should all be fine.

Just a few checks to rule out any configuration problems:

In the FM Transmitter Configuration window,
- Is "Enable Direct Soundcard Access" enabled? (It must be unless the tracks in Winamp are already 176.4 or 192 kHz - which is almost never the case, and not even possible if you're using MP3s)
- In the status overview (left top), does "FM: Stereo signal" indicate any errors? It should say something like "Sending to soundcard (Probably OK)".

If this is correct, check if the sound card is really sending out 176.4 of 192 kHz data.
I don't know whether the Maja card has the same config utility that the Juli@ has - if so, please open it (search for the "ESI" icon in the system tray) and check what "SAMPLE RATE" is lit in green. It SHOULD be either 176400 or 192000 - if it's anything less then stereo won't work. That can be caused for example by other programs that were sending out data when the playback started.

Please post the results here...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:08 am 

Hi Hans,
you are right. It´s works fine now with 192.000 setting :) Standard it uses 44.100. Stereo indicator led lits but no stereo @all :)

Bedankt en tot de volgende keer,
Andre :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:48 pm 

I have exactly the same problem with the same card.As you suggested I look at ESI icon and the sample rate was 44.1 Khz.
The problem is that the higher I set it ,the faster Winamp plays the song and above 96000 it plays garbage.It is like the Winamp cant adjust it's clock with higher sample rate and has that result.Of course my problem isn't Stereo tool related but you sure know lot more than me and you could help me.
Thank you.
P.S Exactly the same happens with SAM broadcaster.
P.S 2 I'm using Windows 7.Maybe that's the problem?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:53 pm 

I think Windows 7 is not a problem. I simply set the maya to 192k and thats´it. And it worked fine to me?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:58 pm 

Well I couldn't get it work for me.I had to switch to XP and now everything is fine.As I read at ESI forums there were a lot of problems with Windows 7 and people were very angry at ESI for failing to provide a decent driver for some months now.
P.S THIS SOFTWARE IS REALLY REALLY GREAT!!! I completely get rid of all my hardware limiters,fm stereo generator etc, and sound is by far better than any other station in my area!
My congratulations!Hans You are really a genius!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:34 pm 

Maybe is just some bugs with Win7 drivers for maya .. they are pretty new, and maybe ESI guys will fix it soon.

Is that Win7 that necessary? Our PC on transmitter site is very happy with WinXP sp2 (short) .. 94 days up for now.