All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Rds
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:45 am 

Hi I installed stereo Tool the new computer Hp 64 Bit core 2 quad,all ok stereo tool!
just did not come out RDS,the stereo signal yes!

Post subject: Re: Rds
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:01 am 
Site Admin

What sound card do you have?

Can you check the quality of the stereo signal as follows:
- Go to FM transmitter -> Calibrate FM transmitter
- Check each of the three "Test - right channel silence" boxes.
- Please report back how good the stereo separation is for each of them. (You should hear near-silence on the right channel for all of them).

My guess is that using the 3rd one ("Similar, but only using 38-53 kHz stereo signal") the stereo separation will be very bad for frequencies above about 6 or 10 kHz. But that's just a guess...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:51 am 

Quote:
What sound card do you have?

Can you check the quality of the stereo signal as follows:
- Go to FM transmitter -> Calibrate FM transmitter
- Check each of the three "Test - right channel silence" boxes.
- Please report back how good the stereo separation is for each of them. (You should hear near-silence on the right channel for all of them).

My guess is that using the 3rd one ("Similar, but only using 38-53 kHz stereo signal") the stereo separation will be very bad for frequencies above about 6 or 10 kHz. But that's just a guess...
Stereo Signal Is Ok!! Name Radio (RDS) Not work
my sound card? by default windows! yet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:24 am 
Site Admin

I know, but the 3rd box ("Similar, but only using 38-53 kHz stereo signal") uses frequencies that are VERY close to those of the RDS signal - so if the RDS signal is not ok, I expect the stereo separation using that setting to be bad as well. You won't notice that without doing this test!

For the sound card, please look up the brand and type. For example, Creative (SoundBlaster / X-Fi) sound cards - even though they CLAIM to support 192 kHz - don't properly support it, and RDS doesn't work on those.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:04 pm 

Quote:
I know, but the 3rd box ("Similar, but only using 38-53 kHz stereo signal") uses frequencies that are VERY close to those of the RDS signal - so if the RDS signal is not ok, I expect the stereo separation using that setting to be bad as well. You won't notice that without doing this test!

For the sound card, please look up the brand and type. For example, Creative (SoundBlaster / X-Fi) sound cards - even though they CLAIM to support 192 kHz - don't properly support it, and RDS doesn't work on those.
Thanks¨! no problem, change the sound card current to ESI - Juli@
in the coming days

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:09 pm 

ESI Juli@ is good.. actualy best of all i tested .. but onboard Realtek HD and SoundMAX HD are still very good.. worst one was E-MU 0202 .. but on all of them i don't have problem with rds. on EM-U 0202 RDS was lower by 0.5% and that's all but still RDS works.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:25 pm 

Quote:
ESI Juli@ is good.. actualy best of all i tested .. but onboard Realtek HD and SoundMAX HD are still very good.. worst one was E-MU 0202 .. but on all of them i don't have problem with rds. on EM-U 0202 RDS was lower by 0.5% and that's all but still RDS works.

:) Thanks for the help