All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:12 pm 

I have tried to run Stereotool on my i5 WinXP Box and ST crashes when I use MAudio 192 input and output simultaneously. I did several tests patching the MPX output to one of the BBP pipelines and whenever I use the input OR the output of the MAudio 192 ST works fine, but crashes/hangs whenever I get the input and output simultaneously. I can't even kill the ST process and need to hard reset the box.

I have been using this very same box and soundcards with BBP with no issues. I am not using ASIO.

Any help will be welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Ricardo,

The behavior that you describe, especially the fact that you can't kill Stereo Tool (I assume you tried via Task Manager?) is very strange. I have seen behavior like that with some bad drivers. And there's always a possibility that Stereo Tool triggers it while BBP doesn't (there are also cases where the opposite happens).

I would suggest you to try ASIO, because generally the ASIO drivers appear to be better, you get less latency, and using input and output simultaneously is problematic without ASIO on some sound card drivers with some Windows versions. Using ASIO usually fixes everything.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:02 pm 

Thanks for your support Hanz.

Actually I just enabled the onboard Realtek audio and assigned it as the input sound card and Presto ! ST is running A-OK now !

Ricardo
Brazil