All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:41 pm 

Stand alone VLC player will play our RTP multicast AAC stream by loading an SDP file into the player that contains a description of the stream. Is there support for this in ST-SA VLC input selection, or any other way to have ST-SA process a multicast input stream with 'Synchronise To Output' active? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:00 am 

Quote:
Stand alone VLC player will play our RTP multicast AAC stream by loading an SDP file into the player that contains a description of the stream. Is there support for this in ST-SA VLC input selection, or any other way to have ST-SA process a multicast input stream with 'Synchronise To Output' active? Thanks.
I tend to use something like VBAudio for Windows, or JACK for Linux to pipe in VLC/mixxx, etc. If you're on linux, the CLI version accepts a good deal of protocolls using pipes. I've used mpg123, mixxx, and gstreamer. You could string something together that way.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:38 am 

Quote:
Quote:
I tend to use something like VBAudio for Windows, or JACK for Linux to pipe in VLC/mixxx, etc. If you're on linux, the CLI version accepts a good deal of protocolls using pipes. I've used mpg123, mixxx, and gstreamer. You could string something together that way.
Thanks for that. If I understand correctly how it would likely work, I think the two main advantages of having it within ST are;
* ST Auto restart of VLC source stream in case the stream drops out. I don't think stand alone VLC player will quickly & reliably restart dropped streams - that I know of.
* Integrating the ST 'Synchronise To Output" feature, so RTP source audio streams stay in sync long term without gaps or glitches in the audio.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

@Storm: Can you get it to work with VLC Player itself instead of Stereo Tool? In version 7.43 (beta) I have just added the possibility to enter multiple command line options to VLClib, I could do the same for the input - but if it doesn't work in VLC Player that won't help.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:42 am 

Quote:
@Storm: Can you get it to work with VLC Player itself instead of Stereo Tool? In version 7.43 (beta) I have just added the possibility to enter multiple command line options to VLClib, I could do the same for the input - but if it doesn't work in VLC Player that won't help.
Hi Hans. Sounds good.

Yes - the RTP AAC SDP files play ok in VLC stand alone player. Though when starting playback, it always plays for ~1 second, pauses for ~1 second, then plays fine after that - which is pretty weird and undesirable. Winamp does not do that playing same file. But apart from that - VLC plays fine!