All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:24 pm 

Hello!

I installed Stereo Tool 6.20 standalone and it seems to process only the sound from the microphone. I hear myself and also an echo of the music I play. I went to configure the sound card and it is alreadu set to the sound card as input, not the the microphone.

Is there a way to correct this? I am on Windows 7 x64 Pro with an on-board soundcard.

Best regards.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:49 pm 

What do you actually want to do with Stereo Tool?
You are maybe using Standalone version. If you want to use it for music .. grab winamp DSP version.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:26 am 

I used for a long time the DSP for Winamp. But I want to have the same power for other applications. I actually do not use anymore Winamp. Thus, is anyone who can help me with this issue with Stereo Tool 6.20 Standalone?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

Then you'll probably need a program like Virtual Audio Cable (VAC). (Some sound cards offer similar functionality in their driver).

In Stereo Tool, you select to process the audio that comes in via a virtual audio cable. In other applications you select that same virtual audio cable as the output device.

VAC costs about 20 euro (last time I looked), I don't know how well it works in Windows 7 (there were issues with Vista in the past, don't know if they are solved now).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:51 pm 

Isn't Stereo Tool supposed to process all audio output? Afaik, yes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:22 am 

Quote:
I used for a long time the DSP for Winamp. But I want to have the same power for other applications. I actually do not use anymore Winamp. Thus, is anyone who can help me with this issue with Stereo Tool 6.20 Standalone?
Yes, VAC is simple and clean solution for you.
Quote:
Isn't Stereo Tool supposed to process all audio output? Afaik, yes.
In standalone you have Input selection and output. So you must know exactly what you are using for input and what for output.
If you have VAC, go to Windows control panel and set "Playback device" to VAC(1). Start ST Standalone and set input to same VAC, Ouptut will be your soundcard.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:32 pm 
Site Admin

The problem here is that all other programs talk directly to the sound card (via a Windows driver). So Stereo Tool never sees that data. VAC is a "fake" sound card driver, which allows communication between programs which actually think they are talking to a sound card.