All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:59 pm 

Stereo Tool 10.10 Broke My HDMI Sound for Everything. This includes web pages, ie YouTube, WinAmp, Media Monkey, games, Everything.

Reverted to 9.2 but problem still persists. Reinstalled nVIdia drivers including sound and no change. How do I correct this?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:13 pm 

Quote:
Stereo Tool 10.10 Broke My HDMI Sound for Everything. This includes web pages, ie YouTube, WinAmp, Media Monkey, games, Everything.

Reverted to 9.2 but problem still persists. Reinstalled nVIdia drivers including sound and no change. How do I correct this?

Thank you.
Control Panel > Sound, and set what playback and recording device will be default.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:33 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you.
Control Panel > Sound, and set what playback and recording device will be default.

Already did this. Maybe I should mention that this Alienware 17.3 inch laptop is my desktop and has not been removed from this HDMI connection for at least a TWO years. NOTHING has changed EXCEPT for updating Stereo Tool (ST).

I have made several Updates to ST over the years and have not experienced this problem. Tried to post SCREENSHOT but don't see Upload button.

*** Used Display Driver Uninstaller to completely uninstall drivers, then reinstalled. Problem fixed! Thank you. ***

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:09 pm 

Stereo Tool doesn't use drivers. This sounds like a virtual cable issue. What were you using? VB Cable? VAC?

use imgur or something for screenshots on this subforum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:00 pm 

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. i am using an HDMI cable to attach a Sony TV to my laptop. My cable is a premium high speed HDMI cable 48Gbps.

FYI, when I first upgraded Stereo Tool to 10.10, when I clicked on a song in Media Monkey and the track played in 10 seconds. There was no sound on the TV but I could play it on the laptop speakers.

Update: Problem is back. You may be right about the cables because if I unplug the HDMI cable from the laptop and plug it in again then sound returns to the TV. Sound goes away again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:13 pm 

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. i am using an HDMI cable to attach a Sony TV to my laptop. My cable is a premium high speed HDMI cable 48Gbps.

FYI, when I first upgraded Stereo Tool to 10.10, when I clicked on a song in Media Monkey and the track played in 10 seconds. There was no sound on the TV but I could play it on the laptop speakers.

Update: Problem is back. You may be right about the cables because if I unplug the HDMI cable from the laptop and plug it in again then sound returns to the TV. Sound goes away again.
Ah, so this is Windows changing your playback device when you change plugs. By virtual cable, I meant software, not a physical HDMI cable. Most people who use ST for playback use something like VBcable as their playback device, then ST outputs it to your output device (HDMI). I think Bojcha is on the right track about playback devices.