All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:13 am 

I have a key for Perfect Declipper for 3.01 and use the VST in Audition. The program works very well, however, everytime reopen the effect it loses it's license and application settings/presets. I have no idea why that's happening.

Each time I input the license, it says successfully registered. However even after that, if I run a file through (example 4 minute file), it will still audio watermark about halfway through.

What's going on? Can this be fixed?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:43 pm 

You should try the Stereo Tool plugin instead since it contains the declipper. It's been much more upkept and is far more functional. If I'm not mistaken, PD 3.01 was built on version 7 or 8 of Stereo Tool. 10 is nearing its release now and is available in beta. The final version of 9 is available on the Thimeo website.

The VST plugins require a Basic or higher license, which you should have if you own the declipper module. If not, you can upgrade your license to add the Basic Stereo Tool license for 35 euro. Also, are you sure your license is the Full Declipper license, or the Limited Winamp DSP license?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:38 am 

Quote:
You should try the Stereo Tool plugin instead since it contains the declipper. It's been much more upkept and is far more functional. If I'm not mistaken, PD 3.01 was built on version 7 or 8 of Stereo Tool. 10 is nearing its release now and is available in beta. The final version of 9 is available on the Thimeo website.

The VST plugins require a Basic or higher license, which you should have if you own the declipper module. If not, you can upgrade your license to add the Basic Stereo Tool license for 35 euro. Also, are you sure your license is the Full Declipper license, or the Limited Winamp DSP license?
Well that also takes the license and seems like it unlocked the proper stuff, but turning on declipper does nothing here. Tried on both Mac and PC versions. At least with Perfect Declipper the program actually worked, at least for the one song.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:31 pm 

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:02 pm 

Hello? Is anyone around on these forums for support?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

Picked up via support, if anyone else gets here:

When you enter the license key, it should be written to a file C:\Users\username\vst_declipper.ini, in a line that starts with "Registration key=". Can you verify if you see it there? If not, you can paste it there (with the VST plugin AND HOST closed), make sure to include the smaller-than and greater-than characters, and don't add any spaces etc. Then start the host again, at this point it should be registered.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:35 pm 

Quote:
Picked up via support, if anyone else gets here:

When you enter the license key, it should be written to a file C:\Users\username\vst_declipper.ini, in a line that starts with "Registration key=". Can you verify if you see it there? If not, you can paste it there (with the VST plugin AND HOST closed), make sure to include the smaller-than and greater-than characters, and don't add any spaces etc. Then start the host again, at this point it should be registered.
I checked and yes the license key is entered there, I tried it for that and perfect declipper since I saw different inis for both. I also deleted them and tried to redo with the same result. It gives an invalid license and the declipper function doesn't do anything. I also tried on Mac with the VST and a similar thing. I don't know what's going on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:54 pm 
Site Admin

Please send me your license key (in a PM), then I'll check what's wrong. 'Invalid license' is a very specific message, which indeed doesn't indicate that the license isn't stored, but that something else is wrong.