All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:24 pm 

Hi,
Is there a way to stream directly into Stereo Tool and if so how?
So far playing around with it I just managed to send Audio from another computer using butt to an icecast server running on the same machine as Stereo Tool, grabbing the Icecast stream from that machine to play audio using vlc which I then routed with virtual audio cable into stereo tool.
Is there any way to stream directly into Stereo Tool using butt?
Thanks for helping

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:30 pm 

Try Voicemetter.
It has virtual cables streaming WAV over Netvork (lan) and everything what you'll ever need. Also FREE.
Just be sure to setup everything right.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:31 pm 

thanks a lot.
i need a solution where people can just dial in. It does work using an icecast server streaming locally with vlc and routing from there into stereo tool but i was hoping that there was a way to stream directly into stereo tool from another computer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:06 am 

What i have done is creating a local icecast server and streaming into it via BUTT at Lossless quality. However stereo tool uses VLC lib/app to play the local server. It worked ok for like 5-10hours but after that ST crashes and you have to restart it and it will 100% crash again.. so your only chance is voicemeeter or dante/livewire(paid and hard to setup :? ).. I hope one day Hans will add internal stream decoder/player for main input or as a backup..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:14 pm 

Thanks for your answer. Not the best news :(
I will try to make the solution you mentioned work, otherwise I might go for a diy hardware based processing I think.
Thanks for helping :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:13 pm 

I noticed this Streaming Output had connection types have you tried shout cast 1. Is it better to get output from Stereo tool of from your playing software ? or are they both the same output ?