All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:37 pm 

Hello!

Since purchasing a Declipper license (from "register.perfectdeclipper.com"), I've been using it successfully in Audacity. If I were to purchase a license for Delossifier, would it be added to the existing Declipper license when the key is pasted into the field in the "License" tab? (Right now, of course, the Declipper, Natural Dynamics, and Dehummer boxes are blue with check marks in this tab, with the Delossifier box dark grey and unchecked.)

Finally, would the correct place to purchase a key for Delossifier (that would work in Audacity with the existing Declipper license) be under the "Existing License Upgrades" section of the "Products" page on the Stereo Tool website (www.stereotool.com/products)? I see it listed there for €119.00 as a separate purchase.

One more question: Is it normal for the "Thimeo Perfect Declipper" option in the Audacity "Effect" menu to become greyed-out if multiple files / windows are open? I've found that, at times, the option becomes greyed-out and inaccessible if I have opened and worked on multiple tracks in succession in Audacity. Once I close all windows and open a new one, the option becomes available in the menu again.

Thanks for reading and have a great day. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:25 pm 

In the end I purchased the Delossifier key that I described above from www.stereotool.com/products, and it worked fine with the Perfect Declipper key I purchased from register.perfectdeclipper.com. After all, they're both keys for the same Virtual Studio Technology (VST) Audacity plugin, so it makes sense that they'd work together, even though they're sold in slightly different contexts on two different websites.

I'd simply recommend a link directly to Delossifier on the Perfect Declipper website / store page. I didn't know that Delossifier even existed before I purchased Perfect Declipper and saw it as a function in the VST plugin. The "Buy or Upgrade License" button in the plugin only links to the Perfect Declipper registration page. Only when testing out the Delossifier feature does an audio watermark appear prompting the user to visit the Stereo Tool website.

As for the "greyed-out" menu option in Audacity, I'll be able to prevent it by keeping my workflow refreshed (reloading Audacity after finishing every track or two). It's not much of an issue.

Thanks again for reading, and have a great day. ;)