All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:49 pm 

How can I make the stereo tool sound work through the sound card of my Windows PC. I am new here and would like to try out Stereotool and the sound coming out of my PC is processed by Stereotool. What and where do I have to select what makes it work. Now I can hear sound through my speakers, but Stereotool does nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:25 am 
Site Admin

Hi, if you want all the sound of your pc to run through Stereo Tool, you need a virtual sound card for that. You can use VB Cable (which is free) or Virtual Audio Cable (paid). In Stereo Tool, select something like Virtual Cable 1 as input, and the actual sound card as output, and make Virtual Cable 1 the default sound card in Windows.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:56 pm 

If you just want to hear Stereo Tool's impact on music, you can grab a copy of Winamp and the Stereo Tool plug-in for Winamp - this will allow you to hear how Stereo Tool can impact music while allowing you to try different presents or customize the effects.

If you want to hear all of the sounds from your PC through Stereo Tool, then refer to Hans' reply.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:15 pm 

IIRC there was someone who made use of the Windows Audio Subsystem DSP tools and added a VST host to it which itself hosted a Stereotool. I can't remember the right keywords, but someting with the audio effects configured on Windows audio devices.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
IIRC there was someone who made use of the Windows Audio Subsystem DSP tools and added a VST host to it which itself hosted a Stereotool. I can't remember the right keywords, but someting with the audio effects configured on Windows audio devices.
Really? That would be VERY interesting, if that's possible.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:10 pm 

Equalizer APO ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:00 pm 

Exactly, that's it. Thanks, Bojcha.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:33 pm 

Yep, and EQualizerAPO does not play nice with Stereo Tool registration, as posted in various places around this forum. It keeps deregistering and the beeps come back after a couple minutes.

EQAPO is good cause you can load up the declipper and it applies to all 8 channels before downmixing to stereo via this EQAPO plugin called HeSuVi. In this order: EQAPO> Declipper> HeSuVi> Stereo Tool.