All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:29 pm 

I have a rather newbie question. I am not new to stereotool, but typically I use the commandline version for processing. Now I am using stereotool for realtime processing using jack input. Rather stupid question. I would like to use stereotool as "generic input" lets say anything that normally would play to the output, should play to stereotool. Now stereotool providers a stereo_tool:l_in and stereo_tool:r_in, but I don't get a connection by just specifying in the client I want to connect to those ports, in fact I have to actively choose for the client port, limiting the ability to send multiple clients.

First of all: is this expected?

Is there a solution possible where I could connect stereotool input to 'something jackish' so it is always connect, and connect the clients to that thing instead of stereotool directly?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:02 pm 

I encountered something similar a while back and at that time ST didn't behave when there was no connection to the main inputs.
I made a workaround and connected a meterbridge or mixer to ST inputs and then let all other clients connect to that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:00 am 

My workaround is connecting everything to jackminimix.