All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Echo in the Audio
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:14 pm 

Recently I introduced an Echo Box live audio stream from a network that provides their shows in this manner. Up until this point I was not hearing any kind of background echo in my audio chain. Trouble shooting seems to suggest the echo is in Stereo Tool before it hits my transmitter.

Any ideas how I can find the exact location of the problem in ST? Right now I am running my audio off my Mac mini via the automation software with Stereo Tool turned off and the echo is gone. So, this does seem to suggest an issue with ST.

Post subject: Re: Echo in the Audio
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:41 pm 

Make sure you're using only one output. You won't need to select an FM output unless you're working with an FM transmitter if I'm not mistaken. So sticking with just Normal should do.

However if using the plugin, Normal Output is not an option, as all the audio is correctly redirected to your plugin host. So make sure you're not setting up the plugin to output through the FM Sound Card (FM Output) section.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:48 pm 

Quote:
Make sure you're using only one output. You won't need to select an FM output unless you're working with an FM transmitter if I'm not mistaken. So sticking with just Normal should do.

However if using the plugin, Normal Output is not an option, as all the audio is correctly redirected to your plugin host. So make sure you're not setting up the plugin to output through the FM Sound Card (FM Output) section.
Thanks. That appears to have done the trick.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:35 am 

Problem started up again. Not using the FM Output either. I just swapped an output cable from my Mac mini which has ST to the transmitter and the problem started up again after the cable swap turned into dead air. Installed the initial cable again and without making ANY changes to any settings the echo returned. At this point I don't know what to do. I didn't have this problem when I was running a music only format from the hard drive and also aired a live internet stream once in awhile. But using the Line In with an audio feed as described into my automation program (DJ by Macinmind and Radiologik) has resulted in the problem. Only happens with the Line In going and only with the Echo Box delivery system, not another audio source going into the Line In.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:59 pm 
Site Admin

Could it be that the sound card is playing both the input and the output? Some sound cards do that.

Echo can basically be only 2 things:
- The sound card routes the audio to the output even if no software is running. if you disable Stereo Tool and still hear audio, then this is the problem.
- There are multiple outputs enabled (check Normal, FM, Low Latency).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:07 pm 

Quote:
Could it be that the sound card is playing both the input and the output? Some sound cards do that.

Echo can basically be only 2 things:
- The sound card routes the audio to the output even if no software is running. if you disable Stereo Tool and still hear audio, then this is the problem.
- There are multiple outputs enabled (check Normal, FM, Low Latency).
Thanks for the suggestions HVZ. Will try this.