All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:20 pm 

I'd like to start a howto thread on how to get Simian / Stereotool / and Icecast to stream with track data.
I don't mind working up a walkthrough but I've found a lack of documentation on how streaming works now that track data can be included?
Simian can create the track data file, but do you know how that file needs to be formatted?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

Say you have a file C:\temp\playing.txt which contains XML data with Artist and Title info, this is how you would include those:
Attachment:
metadata.png
metadata.png [ 17.21 KiB | Viewed 4206 times ]
If you have a file that just contains sometihing like "Artist - Title", you can use the " - " as separator instead, and keep the fields empty for the start or end of the file.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:10 pm 

Quote:
Say you have a file C:\temp\playing.txt which contains XML data with Artist and Title info, this is how you would include those:

metadata.png

If you have a file that just contains sometihing like "Artist - Title", you can use the " - " as separator instead, and keep the fields empty for the start or end of the file.
How about if we have text like:
ED SHEERAN
BEST PART OF ME

Thank you. BR,

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:10 am 

I have a text file with one line artist - title in it and that works if you use the separator " - ".

But when there is no song playing the title is a single line (like: The Sound of Today) without a " - ". That line is not shown, but the previous artist - title keeps shown.

Is there a way to read the whole line in the file as a single line and send that whole line in the stream without using the separator? It works fine like that in AltaCast and Butt.