All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Sound card error message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:09 pm 

Hi,

I have just installed 9.40 standalone on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 and do not currently have a licence activated.

Stereo Tool can pick up my laptop's internal microphone no problem. But if I try and switch it to SoundFlower (with iTunes playing into SoundFlower) I get an error message and no sound. If I connect my Behringer XR18 via USB and try and pick it up I get the same error message and also no sound:

"Sound card error
Input: Sound card reopened after receiving no response from it for 5 seconds"

If I close this dialog it pops up again some seconds later. No audio is ever passed through StereoTool (unless the internal laptop mic is selected).

I have also tried making an aggregate device in Audio/Midi Setup of just the XR18 in it, and again the same issue. StereoTool and the XR18 are set at the same sample rate of 48kHz.

Couldn't find anything about this error message with a Google and forum search.. hopefully someone knows the answer!

Greetings and thanks,

shaaaaark.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:24 am 

I've tested this myself on macOS and unfortunately I'm seeing the same thing. It works when I set both input and output to the same device, but the input device fails as soon as I'm changing the output device. We'll dive into this ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:06 pm 

Hi @Mathijsco,

I have just installed Stereo Tool on my Mac too, running Big Sur 11.1, not licensed since I am just testing out if it works.

I am too receiving the error 'Sound card reopened after receiving no response for 5 seconds.'. Using VB Audio Cable as virtual audio card for input #1 and Normal Output. Set my Scarlett 2i2 USB as Input #2.

Hopefully you can get me on the right track :-)

Thanks!