All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:21 pm 

I need the following to work, can anyone help?

Audio in via Line in on the soundcard >> pass through Stereotool & then out live on a live stream with Shoutcast DSP via a DSP stack plugin on winamp.....

It works but the audio does not seem to be processing through the Stereotool........
Only works if I play mp3s direct out off from winamp.............

Any ideas???

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I need the following to work, can anyone help?

Audio in via Line in on the soundcard >> pass through Stereotool & then out live on a live stream with Shoutcast DSP via a DSP stack plugin on winamp.....

It works but the audio does not seem to be processing through the Stereotool........
Only works if I play mp3s direct out off from winamp.............

Any ideas???
Yes, you'll need to feed everything through Winamp. For that, use the Line In plugin for Winamp: http://home.hccnet.nl/th.v.d.gronde/dev ... index.html
Then put both Stereo Tool (Winamp DSP version) and ShoutCast in that DSP stack plugin (Stereo Tool first!).

Note: I'm guessing, if you're already using Stereo Tool + ShoutCast on that DSP stacker, that the line in sound also doesn't get sent out by ShoutCast.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:32 pm 

Thank you for that!

DSP stack is set in order >> StereoTool DSP >> Shoutcast DSP

Ive intsalled the line in plugin

Do I need to config that linein plug in, or will it work automatically, as there are many plugins in the plug-in>input directory.

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:46 pm 

Might I suggest the Edcast DSP instead of the shoutcast DSP plugin. It's much more up to date as far as codecs and offers a lot more configuration than shoutcast DSP. http://www.oddsock.org/tools/edcast/

-n4-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

It's been a while since I used it, but this is how it should work: Just choose Open URL (not file!) in Winamp, then type as URL: line://

See the help page (link I sent you before) if you need more info on how to open a specific sound card, set the sample rate etc.