All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: The Bimp configuration
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:40 am 

Hi

I am struggling to configure stereo tool to handle cart wall and jingle output in RadioBoss. I can send these voice clips to a virtual sound card that will separate these signals out to avoid compression etc . Does anyone know ow to get this into the Bimp please? I am running beta, but it might have been updated. I am using vst_stereo_tool_64_BETA1002-046.dll currently the only options n Bimp are Use channel Left right or stereo or ono left right. Is stereo Tool not detecting this virtual sound card? Do I need to add a Another real sound card?

Thanks M-N

Last edited by M-N on Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:38 am 

'The Bimp' has inputs but it doesn't say what they are or where they are coming from. Listed as: Stereo; Left Chanel only ; Right Channel only ; Mono( Left or right) Stereo Tool - The Bimp has separate processing so I envisaged you could set up Virtual Sound Card and assign the Jingles Cart Wall and Auto Intro to this Virtual Soundcard which the Bimp would be able to read from I have moved my Main Speakers to Bluetooth to free up sound ports but seem unable to find a route through this Do you known what the Bimp is expecting so these can communicate on different channel?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:15 pm 

Ok I spent all morning trying to add an Input to Microsoft 11 . Which had nothing in its input lists I eventually found a ore Settings which opened this :

Image This allowed after creating a Virtual Soundcard for the items in Radioboss to be selected as input. However The Blimp would not detect this . What am i doing wrong as it all looks grayed out:

Does anyone have ay idea how to get these communicating please?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:50 am 

Am still unable to get this working. Does anyone have any ideas please? It doesn't seem to light up and do anything like in the other screens does this mean it is not functioning?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:00 pm 

I've never used the BIMP. But if I'm not mistaken, you need to use input 2 and have it set to send to the BIMP for it to detect any audio. You may need to enable the full I/O framework for input 2 to appear.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, yes, what MrKlorox said: You need to enable the 2nd input in Stereo Tool under Audio I/O. (We were thinking of adding links to the GUI, I guess we really need to do that since that would clarify this).

And indeed, if you're using a plugin, you need to enable "Use real I/O" to see input 2.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:41 pm 

Yes but cannot get 063 vst to install am on 43

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:28 am 

I managed to update vst_stereo_tool_64_BETA1002-063.dll running with RB x64 now it all sems to work well but am missing advanced menu that we had before. I have the Bimp which is still not configurable. I have looked at i/o and enabled second port on it . However, this is still not processing vocals separately Dimitri informs me this is because they are currently mashed with the main sound card is there anyway the BIMP can process this separately as Dimitri is talking about not catering for it again in this current beta and putting tis on the back burner yet again.

On ta positive note the carts wall and jingles all seem to be cleaner I am not sure how the BIMP is recognising this channel differently as there was nowhere to specify a port

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I managed to update vst_stereo_tool_64_BETA1002-063.dll running with RB x64 now it all sems to work well but am missing advanced menu that we had before. I have the Bimp which is still not configurable. I have looked at i/o and enabled second port on it . However, this is still not processing vocals separately Dimitri informs me this is because they are currently mashed with the main sound card is there anyway the BIMP can process this separately as Dimitri is talking about not catering for it again in this current beta and putting tis on the back burner yet again.

On ta positive note the carts wall and jingles all seem to be cleaner I am not sure how the BIMP is recognising this channel differently as there was nowhere to specify a port
For The BIMP to work the audio must be coming in on a separate input. If RB mixes it together already then you cannot use it.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 3:55 am 

Quote:
Ok I spent all morning trying to add an Input to Microsoft 11 . Which had nothing in its input lists I eventually found a ore Settings which opened this :

Image This allowed after creating a Virtual Soundcard for the items in Radioboss to be selected as input. However The Blimp would not detect this. It should detect it, but for some reason it doesn't. I am not sure what's the problem. Maybe you can see here and figure out what is going on. What am i doing wrong as it all looks grayed out:

Does anyone have ay idea how to get these communicating please?
hello,
I have windows 11. I cannot find that setting. I need to go back to windows 10. This is beyond me. nvm I got it.