All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:25 pm 

What about exploring running it at a lower level of Microsoft OS's? I develop in the *NIX/RDBMS arena and know little about the possibilities you have with turning this into a lower level object in the Microsoft OS's.

In essence, turn Stereo Tool into an OS plugin rather than an application plugin. My selfish wants include: using this with Snapstream Beyond TV, WinTV, Windows Media Player, etc. Rather than chasing all these apps, if I were in you shoes, I would at least investigate how Stereo Tool could be integrated into a lower OS level. (especially since you appear to be wedded to the Microsoft venue)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately doing this is very complex. (I have looked into it :-( ). I would have to write a dummy sound card driver (and if that contains a bug you immediately get a blue screen...).

But, you can already achieve what you want as follows:
- Download and install a program called Virtual Audio Cable. It costs $20.
- Download the stand alone version of Stereo Tool.
- Set the Stereo Tool input to Virtual Audio Cable
- Set the output of the players that you want to play through Stereo Tool to Virtual Audio Cable

That's it.

Note: If you DON'T register Virtual Audio Cable you'll get an annoying message every few seconds. If you can find a free or less nagging program that does the same thing, I'm very interested. (Jack for Windows is free, but it's difficult to use and it only supports ASIO audio, and most players don't support ASIO.)