All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:14 am 

THE VOLUME COMPRESSION/VOLUME COMP. (LOUD)- WHAT THE HECK ALL the presets listed on HELP:Preset-Stereo Tool 3.0. Perhaps you have a zip file containing these?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:43 am 

And what the heck you mean ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:55 am 

I mean the presets from this page:http://help.stereotool.com/presets.shtml

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:14 am 

There are much better presets in current version of stereo tool. Also Stereo Tool is much better in many ways from version 3.0!
Do you still use v3.0 ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:04 am 

I am a registered 6.30 user.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:31 am 

What are the equivalents of these in 6.30:

VOLUME COMPRESSION
These presets make the volume and sound color more constant.

Very Soft Compression (Classical)
The multiband compressors operate very slowly, so the dynamics of the sound are almost unchanged. Only a small amount of compression occurs, this mode is not suitable if the goal is to get a really constant volume. Sudden loud peaks are filtered out, though.
Very suitable for classical music.
Soft Compression
The compressors operate slightly faster than in the Very Soft Compression mode, but they still move very slowly. The output volume is much more constant, but the dynamics of the sound are still very good. (It does not sound "flat").
Normal Compression
The compressors operate at a normal rate. The output volume is very constant, at the expense of loosing some dynamics. (The sound will get more "flat").

VOLUME COMPRESSION (LOUD)
Same as VOLUME COMPRESSION, but these presets aim at a very constant and very loud sound, sometimes at the cost of some of the quality.

Normal Compression (pop/rock)
Same as Normal Compression, but the output of the multiband compressor is amplified before feeding it into the overshoot protectors.
Loud bass sounds may cause pumping - see Normal Compression (dance) for a similar preset that avoids this.
- Same but louder
Same as Normal Compression (pop/rock), but the output is made approximately 5.5 dB louder using the Loudness slider. (Requires registration)
Normal Compression (dance)
Same as Normal Compression (pop/rock), but the pumping when loud bass sounds are present is reduced at the cost of having a slightly lower output volume.
- Same but louder
Same as Normal Compression (dance), but the output is made approximately 5.5 dB louder using the Loudness slider. (Requires registration)
Hard Compression (pop/rock)
Same as Normal Compression (pop/rock), but using more compression. This severely reduces the sound quality. Corresponds to the sound of many commercial FM radio stations.
- Same but louder
Same as Normal Compression (pop/rock) - Same but louder, but using more compression. This severely reduces the sound quality. Corresponds to the sound of many commercial FM radio stations. (Requires registration)
Same as Normal Compression (dance), but using more compression. This severely reduces the sound quality. Corresponds to the sound of many commercial FM radio stations.
- Same but louder
Same as Normal Compression (dance) - Same but louder, but using more compression. This severely reduces the sound quality. Corresponds to the sound of many commercial FM radio stations. (Requires registration)

STEREO EFFECTS
Some settings that change the stereo in a recording.

Repair phasing (AZIMUTH)
This preset repairs phasing errors (AZIMUTH errors), which are often present in tape recordings, and also on some cheap CDs. Phasing problems causes playing a recording in mono or through a surround system to result in very ugly artifacts. But even normal stereo playback may sometimes sound a bit unpleasant.
Mono
The output is mono, but no sounds are lost in the stereo to mono conversion as would normally be the case. This results in a much fuller sound, without any distortion. Useful when only one output channel is available.
Works especially well for reverb and synthesizer sounds, but virtually all stereo recordings benefit from this conversion compared to the normal stereo to mono conversion.
This settings has been reported to be very useful for people who are deaf in one ear, when they listen to music using a headphone.
Remove phase differences
The instruments stay at the same place (so if a drum sounds louder on the left channel than on the right, it will stay that way), but all phase differences are removed. The resulting sound is still stereo, but a part of the stereo effect is removed. The result can safely be converted to mono using an amplifier, radio receiver etc..
Works especially well for old tape recordings and synthesizer sounds, so if you need a signal that some people will hear in mono, this is a good way of ensuring that they will get a good sound.
Put all instruments in center
All the instruments are played at the same volume at both speakers, but the phase differences remain.
Useful if some people only hear one speaker: Each speaker plays all the sounds, but if someone hears both speakers the sound is still stereo (although a weaker stereo than the original). Can be useful at a work place, parties etc..
Increased stereo
The instruments move further away from the center, and phase differences are increased.
Use with care, especially if the original recordings are not very good (low quality MP3s for example), the result will sound very bad.

MISCELLANEOUS
Internal PC speaker settings
Gets the loudest possible sound out of the internal PC speaker. This is done by removing frequencies that most internal PC speakers cannot play, and by using the Loudness filter. (Requires registration)
Stereo Tool 1.x default settings
The default settings of Stereo Tool 1.x.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:45 am 
Site Admin

I had to remove those due to a lack of space in the interface (I know, bad reason, I'm working on a new interface).

But which of those do you need? They are quite different! And most can be recreated by just changing one or two settings. So if you can say what you need I (or someone else, I'm at the National Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas right now and I'll fly back tomorrow) can tell you what to do.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:38 pm 

Quote:
I had to remove those due to a lack of space in the interface (I know, bad reason, I'm working on a new interface).

But which of those do you need? They are quite different! And most can be recreated by just changing one or two settings. So if you can say what you need I (or someone else, I'm at the National Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas right now and I'll fly back tomorrow) can tell you what to do.
GENERIC PRESETS

Constant volume, increased stereo
- Same but smoother peaks

VOLUME COMPRESSION

Very Soft Compression (Classical)
Soft Compression
Normal Compression

VOLUME COMPRESSION (LOUD)

Normal Compression (pop/rock)
Same but louder
Same but louder