All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Priority setting
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:49 pm 

I'm not sure if this subject is for this forum.

But I tried to set the priority for stereotool higher so the most cpu is for stereotool

(I'm dutch so: ctrl alt del en dan processen, richtmousebutton and then set priority on higher)

But I can't set the priority higher---> it gives an error: acces denied. With other programs it works fine, but it won't work for stereotool.

is this a problem from stereotool or from my pc??

and when it's a ''problem'' from stereotool, it would be great if in the next version you can set the priority settings higher

Post subject: Re: Priority setting
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:59 pm 

I guess you are talking about 'standalone version"
You already have option for priority in Stereo Tool !

And also multicore On/Off

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:04 pm 

Ooooh crap, :shock: I totally didn't think about that. Stupid of me,

Maybe a point of improvement would be that there is one option added and that's higher then normal.

Thank you anyway, for making me aware, haha :D

Another thing I think about at the moment,

I have a quad core pc, and for instance I want to use OTS dj or sam broadcaster and stereotool standalone.

Is it possible that stereotool runs only on the 3-4 core? Or spreads stereotool with the option multicore autmatic the cpu over al the cores? And ots on the core number 1-2? Or shouldn't that make the pc more stable?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:14 am 
Site Admin

Hello Jasper,

I don't understand why you cannot change the setting in Task Manager - anyway, the option in Stereo Tool itself helps of course, but it's usually impossible to set it to REALTIME - which is what you would want.

The CPU core affinity - which cores can be used - can normally also be changed in Task Manager. But if you got a permission denied for the priority, I'm not sure if it will work.

I also don't think it's really necessary - usually Windows does a reasonable job at this (unless you have very little CPU power left).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:26 am 

For every program I can set the priority settings in task manager except for stereotool. I'm already happy with the processing priority, but I was looking for settings that makes stereotool as stable/fast as possible and still able to run some programs on the background. I suppose I'm already at the maximum.

Jasper