All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:21 am 

Hi!

Two suggestions:

1. The order of the effect modules in the GUI should reflect the order of the actual processing, from top to bottom. Mabye in a look like in a rack of audio modules.

2. It would be nice if the author of a preset could do a little window with custom selected knobs, sliders and buttons, that are linked to effect inputs of the preset, with a description. This way the author of a preset can enable the user to change the outcome of the preset in a directed matter, if the preset allows it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

1 - Good idea, I'll definitely make sure that after the planned redesign the order or processing (and probably also the output level per processing step) is clearly visible.

2. Hm, that one *might* be possible after I've finished the redesign. I'll keep it in mind while redesigning.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:45 pm 

I am curious: Is the internal architectureof the program modular, so the processors (effects) and observers (displays) could actually be instanced more than once and the order could be defined from the outside (per default from inside the program, per configuration file, per user interaction)?

If the GUI shows the processors and observers modular, then maybe it's not impossible to let the user actually decide, what modules run, how many instances of them, and in which order. It would allow even more creativity to manufacture new, interesting effects no one has thought about so far.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:48 am 
Site Admin

Well, the processors can be instantiated multiple times - and some already are.

The problem is that the rest of the program is not made the same way: Among others, the way parameters are handled (displayed, loaded and saved) needs to be completely rewritten. That's one of the things that I'm planning to do - when it's done it should be much easier to do this.

In the new setup I want to have a bunch of processors, instantiate them, and then let them handle the GUI, loading, saving etc. This will allow lots of great new features, among others that you can load, save and reset the settings of each filter separately.

For me it will be a lot of work to make this - but once it's done, adding new filters will cost far less effort than it does now (I won't have to worry about writing all the code to load and save the new parameters, move sliders to make room for the new stuff in the GUI etc.)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:00 am 

For software development I (very often) use the pattern concept put forth by the so called "Gang of Four". Maybe you already know about this? If not, take a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_Pat ... l_patterns

I think it especially fits perfectly for sound processing software, since it allows an internal architecture not so far away from real-life sound processing equipment.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:56 pm 

Two examples of how I imagine the new GUI:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:11 am 

Reading this description:
viewtopic.php?p=13916#p13916
I thought Maximizer dreamt that Hans transforms Stereo Tool into something like this:

Attachments:
Ozone.jpg
Ozone.jpg [ 135.5 KiB | Viewed 7242 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:26 pm 

Heres some ideas for MB look:

or

or my fav look and MB plugin - just ratio settings is missing :|