All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:59 am 

I've downloaded Stereotool to have a play with. I'm quite impressed with the sound from it.

I'm currently investigating this and Sono 4 from www.burnill.co.uk

Just a couple of things I would suggest that Stereotool could do with from a professionals point of view who's worked with numerous processing and commercial broadcast studios:

I'd like to see the metering make sense most of all. At the moment it doesn't have a meter scale at all. It should at least have a dB scale beside the input/output, AGC and multiband metering sections to actually make sense of what it's doing, especially when it's being adjusted. It's all entirely guess work from what I see and I'm struggling to adjust it not knowing what adjustments I'm making without a dB reference.

Second, I see it has an FM MPX generator built in to it. Does it allow mono pre-emphasised output that coomes frmo a sum of left and right? This is important because not all broadcasters are stereo. Also it should have an option to then de-emphasis the output if someone has a transmitter with fixed pre-emphasis (but still wants pre-emphasis limiting from their processor).

Cheers,
Gavin.