All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:29 pm 

I would like to see the same type of band frequency crossover controls that appear in other controls of Stereo Tool, such as MB1. I would like to be able to control the lower and upper frequencies of the band with individual slope control.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:24 pm 

Could you please elaborate on what you would like? On Advanced operating mode or higher, the band slopes in the AGC are adjustable. Or am I not understanding what you mean?

Attachments:
st-agcbands-01.png
st-agcbands-01.png [ 62.17 KiB | Viewed 3030 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:03 am 

Quote:
Could you please elaborate on what you would like? On Advanced operating mode or higher, the band slopes in the AGC are adjustable. Or am I not understanding what you mean?
I would like to be able to set the specific crossover frequencies for each band, independent of the other bands. If I change the crossover point for one band, I don't want other bands to move.

Attachments:
AGC Crossover Example.png
AGC Crossover Example.png [ 89.29 KiB | Viewed 2927 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:20 am 

I understand now. You want to set where the bands crossover instead of the center of each band. I also think this would be handy.

It took me a little bit to find the right crossover points as recommended by Ariane by using the center of the band method. If you're curious, those were crossovers at 125, 500, 1800; resulting in the values 70, 250, 1050, 3200 for the bands in Stereo Tool

Quoth the Ariane user manual: "The crossover frequencies for the Factory Presets are all set identically: B1-B2 ,125 Hz; B2-B3: 500 Hz; B3-B4: 1800 Hz, and the Limiter threshold is set to 0 dBfs"

edit: fixed the values and quoted the manual

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

Note: We are trying to make this work in the new GUI, it's complicated though because the calculation of the graphs is quite complex, which makes it really hard to turn crossover points into frequencies (which is what we need to make this work for existing presets). But yes, setting crossovers directly would be a lot easier.

The moving of bands happens everywhere, by the way - there's nothing different in the AGC vs other filters.