All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:16 am 

Hi. I love this software. I'm just sick to heck of the low-level warning for the AGC, the noise removal warning, and most other warnings that pop up when I'm only using Stereo Tool for personal computer audio processing (not broadcasting). If we can get a setting to disable warnings for non-broadcast or a quiet mode, that would be greatly appreciated. I understand my use is not the standard use for the product, but to make ST more palatable to other home users and possibly sell more copies, perhaps something with fewer psych-out warnings would be good.

I've been getting my friends to try it and they feel like they're doing something wrong when they get a warning; when it's just that audio isn't running at all times.

Thanks!

Oh and happy new year!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:09 pm 

Quote:
Hi. I love this software. I'm just sick to heck of the low-level warning for the AGC, the noise removal warning, and most other warnings that pop up when I'm only using Stereo Tool for personal computer audio processing (not broadcasting). If we can get a setting to disable warnings for non-broadcast or a quiet mode, that would be greatly appreciated.
What is wrong with the current option of ticking the "Do not warn me about this again" in the warning screens? That works!
Quote:
Oh and happy new year!
...and to you too!

Rossco

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:38 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi. I love this software. I'm just sick to heck of the low-level warning for the AGC, the noise removal warning, and most other warnings that pop up when I'm only using Stereo Tool for personal computer audio processing (not broadcasting). If we can get a setting to disable warnings for non-broadcast or a quiet mode, that would be greatly appreciated.
What is wrong with the current option of ticking the "Do not warn me about this again" in the warning screens? That works!
Any time you adjust the buffer size (maybe even CPU settings) the request not to be warned again is cleared and the warnings pop back up. I realize this is not something people regularly do. But I'm constantly switching between a low intensity/buffer preset for gaming and a higher intensity/buffer preset for music and video. It doesn't have to be anything major like a UI button worked in somewhere. But a simple command-line switch would probably do the trick and prevent people from accidentally activating this "quiet" mode.

edit: well, no a command-line switch wouldn't work on the VST though would it? Also perhaps the upcoming multi-instance Stereo Tool might solve this entirely. If so, Please ignore this wish.