All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Aural Exciter
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:32 pm 

What do you think about adding an aural exciter to processor Stereo? With harmonic syntesizer, Obviously

Post subject: Re: Aural Exciter
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:48 pm 

Check these free Exciter VST plugins out:
http://www.audiomastermind.com/browse-h ... 012-1.html

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 6:38 pm 

After playing with the trial of Waves' emulation of the Vintage Aphex Exciter on my bass guitar, along with ST's TrueBass and some compression (in various configurations) I've come to realize how integral it is to the sound I want to achieve. I also tried some less expensive alternatives and they aren't nearly as good, and more importantly, don't seem to supply the difference/auxiliary effects channel.

Does this seem like something that's in the scope of Stereo Tool? What about as part of an addon (such as Advanced Dynamics)? I realize this is built primarily for conditioning audio for broadcast solutions... but as some have said, Stereo Tool is like a Swiss Army Knife for processing. I hope this is something you might have reconsidered in the decade-ish since it was originally brought up.

Thanks!
Ty

edit: I use multiple instances of the ST VST to supply multiple sets of sub harmonics via True Bass. I'd even be interested in a paid Advanced Harmonics addon if the True Bass module also supported up to 5 bands for crazy people.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 5:28 pm 

I can only agree with the proposal regarding the integration of an exciter.

There are already some settings in Advanced Clipper, which apparently is supposed to be such a semi-exciter. Keyword: Sparkling Highs. Unfortunately, the results are not comparable to those of a real exciter. Somehow the dirtiness is missing. The one you can already adjust, keyword "dirty highs" doesn't sound really great from my personal experience.

From my personal experience I can also say that an exciter gives the highs a kind of bite and dirtiness at the end of the processing. Especially on smaller radios it sounds better, from my personal experience.

For this reason I like to give this post here a "like" because I can understand the suggestion very well.