All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:20 pm 

I world like to have to attenuator for the clipper as well, not just to limit normal output.
I like the clipper better and this would give headroom before hitting the final limiter.
I like to use very low strictness and stronger clipping levels both at 0, which allows some overshoot or peak room.
This would be very grateful.

Thank you in advanced.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:33 pm 

Hello! Please correct me if I'm wrong, but since the clipper is the final link in the chain would it not be just as effective to lower the post amplifier (found on the main processing page) a tiny amount?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:52 pm 

Quote:
Hello! Please correct me if I'm wrong, but since the clipper is the final link in the chain would it not be just as effective to lower the post amplifier (found on the main processing page) a tiny amount?
The chain is more like the Clipper into final hard limiter.
I was looking for example the clipper to be using as a loose clipper at say to output level of -0.5 dB, which would give a 0.5dB headroom between the clipper and the final limiter. This allows the clipper to have some overshoot at a strictness of 0 and at the same time have protection at 0dB.

Source -> Clipper "-0.5dB of Headroom" -> Final limiter(Protection against to much overshoot).

I Hope this Clarifies things a bit.

Note

I use winamp with a dsp stacker and multiple vst bridges into stereotool -> tape simulator -> tube amp simulator -> a Mid/Side mode Eq Just for reducing some stereo effect -> reverb effect "I use headphones" :D ;)

Attachments:
My Total Setup.jpg
My Total Setup.jpg [ 253.09 KiB | Viewed 4393 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:01 am 

If you would like to experiment with removing a couple of of those VSTs, Stereo Tool can narrow stereo (Stereo Image) and add reverb (L-R Reverb) if desired.

When listening via head/earphones I actually use ST's ACR Stereo filter at 100% with its L-R delay set to 0, then use a Meier-inspired "natural" crossfeed filter after ST in the player DSP chain. YMMV of course.

http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-onlin ... ssfeed.htm
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/v ... sp_meiercf

Note I use foobar2000 so I am not sure what exactly Winamp offers for crossfeed DSPs these days.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:38 pm 

Quote:
If you would like to experiment with removing a couple of of those VSTs, Stereo Tool can narrow stereo (Stereo Image) and add reverb (L-R Reverb) if desired.

When listening via head/earphones I actually use ST's ACR Stereo filter at 100% with its L-R delay set to 0, then use a Meier-inspired "natural" crossfeed filter after ST in the player DSP chain. YMMV of course.

http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-onlin ... ssfeed.htm
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/v ... sp_meiercf

Note I use foobar2000 so I am not sure what exactly Winamp offers for crossfeed DSPs these days.
I have played around with that. I placement of the effects is important, to give clarity i see this as a real system. I don't need to have extra reverb or less stereo image in the tape and tube parts, but if you look at the reverb it's near off, Thing of it like the Stereo tool Declipper, Low level boost, azimuth, bass clipper, mono bass. Just for control, Now Tape and Tube for a more analogue sound. The Mid/side matrix and reverb are basically the room. I use headphone or i seat close to the speakers. I hope is helps you understand. :)