All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:05 am 

I noticed several settings in StereoTool have to be manually edited through Notepad++ or similar in order to set them to the highest theoretical quality and it got me thinking... Would it be possible to include a default preset to set everything to the maximum theoretical quality regardless of speed? This could be very useful for offline processing, and since you are the one who creates the software, you'd know exactly what to set for the highest possible quality, such as only using 1 core to avoid latency in the output file (and to allow better handling of processing multiple files on many cores), oversampled limiting and clipping on, declipper quality set to maximum (currently, doing this in the interface only gets it to 0.98), Quality / Precision set to max, Max. input distortion, etc. Could also disable anything extra than steals CPU power such as live updates/displays (although I don't think this would matter using the VST plugin)

Basically a setting that's only geared to offline processing of lossless files. Then all we'd have to do is turn on whatever filters we want and only change the settings for desired behavior/effect.

Thanks again for all you do! Haven't purchased the Advanced Dynamics set yet, but everything else I use. Well, besides the FM/AM portions :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:03 pm 

Quote:
I noticed several settings in StereoTool have to be manually edited through Notepad++ or similar in order to set them to the highest theoretical quality and it got me thinking... Would it be possible to include a default preset to set everything to the maximum theoretical quality regardless of speed? This could be very useful for offline processing, and since you are the one who creates the software, you'd know exactly what to set for the highest possible quality, such as only using 1 core to avoid latency in the output file (and to allow better handling of processing multiple files on many cores), oversampled limiting and clipping on, declipper quality set to maximum (currently, doing this in the interface only gets it to 0.98), Quality / Precision set to max, Max. input distortion, etc. Could also disable anything extra than steals CPU power such as live updates/displays (although I don't think this would matter using the VST plugin)

Basically a setting that's only geared to offline processing of lossless files. Then all we'd have to do is turn on whatever filters we want and only change the settings for desired behavior/effect.

Thanks again for all you do! Haven't purchased the Advanced Dynamics set yet, but everything else I use. Well, besides the FM/AM portions :D
the problem with editing the STS file in notepad is not knowing the absolute range limits of each setting.
manually entering a numerical setting that exceeds the program design can produce unexpected negative results.
it would be helpful if we knew the absolute minimum and maximum ranges for each setting.
additionally, increasing or decreasing a numerical value by 5 or 10 may not produce further results than the original GUI setting provided (no effect).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:07 am 

Quote:
Quote:

the problem with editing the STS file in notepad is not knowing the absolute range limits of each setting.
manually entering a numerical setting that exceeds the program design can produce unexpected negative results.
it would be helpful if we knew the absolute minimum and maximum ranges for each setting.
additionally, increasing or decreasing a numerical value by 5 or 10 may not produce further results than the original GUI setting provided (no effect).
Ahh, but the ones I change, I DO know they are in range because I read the manual :geek:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:28 am 

What have your personal findings been, perhaps you have a preset you could share? I too have been testing different quality settings as well as using Watchcat to batch process my music library.

I'm only using Declipper, ACR stereo, and True Bass but there is a definite improvement in audio quality once Stereo Tool and Watchcat have more resources/time allocated.