All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:26 pm 

It would be great ST had the option to play without any problems an external streaming link. Anyone can easily build a local ice cast server and stream at flac quality. ST currently supports this via VLC but it’s very unstable. It creates artifacts after 10 hours of playing correctly.

Also it would be great if the internal streaming engine supported aac+ and it would be awesome if it didn’t lag as you make any changes to the streaming credentials etc.

Hope that these will make their way into ST some day!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:47 pm 

All those questions are already asked many times and long time ago. I even asked for voicemetter "receptor" on ST input since it's free and open license, but still nothing, not even responce.
There was always some other things to add/fix, sometimes even funny/unusable things. There is many other basic things missing in ST so this one is nowhere near to be even considered.
Almost every part in ST has some bug, some are fixed but many are not. I could tell about all of them one by one, but list will be too long.
So in short, probably it'll never be added/fixed in ST.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:49 pm 

Quote:
All those questions are already asked many times and long time ago. I even asked for voicemetter "receptor" on ST input since it's free and open license, but still nothing, not even responce.
There was always some other things to add/fix, sometimes even funny/unusable things. There is many other basic things missing in ST so this one is nowhere near to be even considered.
Almost every part in ST has some bug, some are fixed but many are not. I could tell about all of them one by one, but list will be too long.
So in short, probably it'll never be added/fixed in ST.
I completely agree. For example a good streaming player/decoder is very important for a pc based processor and it should be on top of the list of priorities. I believe that Hans doesn’t know that the current one via VLC has bugs and it lags. Hope he sees this one out! A good idea would be to build something like micrompx but for lossless 44.1 audio just for feed in to the processor! No need for expensive cards to output both 44.1 and 192 at the same time or pricy ones with resamplers..

Speaking of resamplers, this is also much needed.

Yeah bugs exist here and there but it keeps getting better and better!