All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Window 7
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:14 am 

The new windows 7 64 Bit ,With Sam Broadcaster and the new version Of stereo Tool 4.05 :evil:
noise and Freezing..........
instead works well ....with winamp

Post subject: Re: Window 7
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
The new windows 7 64 Bit ,With Sam Broadcaster and the new version Of stereo Tool 4.05 :evil:
noise and Freezing..........
instead works well ....with winamp

Have you also tested older versions (4.04)? Just asking to know if you just switched to Windows 7 and found out about this then, or if you were using it already and it stopped working with the latest update...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:39 pm 
Site Admin

I may have found something that could be causing strange behavior in SAM in version 4.05. (Since it works in Winamp, I don't think it's a Windows 7 issue). Can you check if this version works better?

http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... r_BETA.exe

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:11 pm 

nothing changes... sambroadcaster also has problems with windows 7,winamp does not work with windows 7,I think both the new operating system
Quote:
I may have found something that could be causing strange behavior in SAM in version 4.05. (Since it works in Winamp, I don't think it's a Windows 7 issue). Can you check if this version works better?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
nothing changes... sambroadcaster also has problems with windows 7,winamp does not work with windows 7,I think both the new operating system
Quote:

Thanks
Now I'm confused - before you said that it did work in Winamp on Windows 2007, now I think you said that Windows and Sam Broadcaster don't work properly even without Stereo Tool...

Can you describe precisely what does and does not work in Windows 2007?
- Winamp
- Winamp + Stereo Tool
- Sam Broadcaster
- Sam Broadcaster + Stereo Tool
Thanks...

(I'll see if I can find a trial version of Windows 7 somewhere so I can do some quick tests. That may take a few days though, and my harddisk is almost full so I'll have to clean up a lot of stuff before I can test it.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:17 pm 

Ok, Ok, sorry My Language is not englaise, In Windows 7 I use 64 Bit have problems:Winamp only works in Safe Mode(VISTA)SAMBROADCASTER In add file to queue emits a noise accentuated if enable stereotool.Stereo Tool works very well with winamp.
I hope it is ok
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
Now I'm confused - before you said that it did work in Winamp on Windows 2007, now I think you said that Windows and Sam Broadcaster don't work properly even without Stereo Tool...

Can you describe precisely what does and does not work in Windows 2007?
- Winamp
- Winamp + Stereo Tool
- Sam Broadcaster
- Sam Broadcaster + Stereo Tool
Thanks...

(I'll see if I can find a trial version of Windows 7 somewhere so I can do some quick tests. That may take a few days though, and my harddisk is almost full so I'll have to clean up a lot of stuff before I can test it.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:04 pm 
Site Admin

Ok - don't worry about posting in other languages, I can read French (if that's your language - the word "anglaise" seems to indicate this....), German and Dutch as well. For French I do occasionally need a bit of help from Google Translate...

So:
1. Winamp doesn't work properly, but Stereo Tool within Winamp does not cause any extra problems.
2. SAM Broadcaster is playing strange sounds when you add a song to the playlist. Stereo Tool makes it worse - but those sounds are already present without Stereo Tool.

W.r.t. (2.): Stereo Tool increases soft sounds... So if there's a soft sound that is played in this case, it makes sense that Stereo Tool amplifies it. So that's not necessarily a Stereo Tool problem. If you're talking about hiccups (a short moment with no sound), you should increase the audio buffer size in SAM (and in that case, Stereo Tool will indeed make it worse because it causes the CPU load to be higher).

So this MIGHT not be a problem in Stereo Tool. Or am I missing/misunderstanding something?

In your initial post you also mentioned that Sam + Stereo Tool freezes - is that still the case?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:54 pm 

that's all!... is not a problem Stereo Tool,Sam! have some Bug Con windows 7,
in October, when it comes out officially windows 7 Special Audio Forum will be reported.
To freeze Sam , when active direct souncard access from steretool...............................
Quote:
Ok - don't worry about posting in other languages, I can read French (if that's your language - the word "anglaise" seems to indicate this....), German and Dutch as well. For French I do occasionally need a bit of help from Google Translate...

So:
1. Winamp doesn't work properly, but Stereo Tool within Winamp does not cause any extra problems.
2. SAM Broadcaster is playing strange sounds when you add a song to the playlist. Stereo Tool makes it worse - but those sounds are already present without Stereo Tool.

W.r.t. (2.): Stereo Tool increases soft sounds... So if there's a soft sound that is played in this case, it makes sense that Stereo Tool amplifies it. So that's not necessarily a Stereo Tool problem. If you're talking about hiccups (a short moment with no sound), you should increase the audio buffer size in SAM (and in that case, Stereo Tool will indeed make it worse because it causes the CPU load to be higher).

So this MIGHT not be a problem in Stereo Tool. Or am I missing/misunderstanding something?

In your initial post you also mentioned that Sam + Stereo Tool freezes - is that still the case?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, so there might be 1 bug in Stereo Tool: Direct Soundcard Access freezes SAM.

Can you check if Direct Soundcard Access freezes Winamp as well? If not, I'll wait for the SAM bug fix, otherwise I'll try to investigate it here.