All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:20 pm 

Ableton Live Suite (32 bit) 9.1.7, Stereo Tool 7.6.0, Mac OS 10.10.2.

Before buying Stereo Tool, was seeing the same thing on Stereo Tool 7.5.0 with Ableton Live and Mac OS 10.9.5.

I've also noticed that in order to monitor with Stereo Tool at all (without constant audio glitches) I have to turn Ableton Live's buffer all the way up (2048 samples), also turn Stereo Tool's latency all the way up (4096 samples), and turn the display refresh speed (CPU load) almost all the way down.

This is using a Retina iMac, with both CPU and GPU the faster versions (4.0gHz/R9 M295X/32gb ram/1tb SSD), and Activity monitor is showing very little CPU usage.

Fortunately, I've been able to render files just fine...tastefully used, Stereo Tool makes one hell of a nice "mastering secret weapon"...it would be nice if these glitches can be ironed out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:49 am 

The "crash on quit" thing is extremely repeatable, by the way.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:34 pm 

Hmm. Am I the only person who bought this software that is using it on a Mac?

Since the description specifically mentions Ableton Live as a host, I'm hoping this annoying, 100-percent repeatable "crash when quitting any Ableton Live session that has Stereo Tool in it" can somehow get resolved...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:34 am 
Site Admin

Hi DJMark,

Sorry for not responding sooner, things are extremely busy right now (not an excuse, I know...). I actually want to hire someone soon to rewrite the whole Mac-specific part of the code because a library that I'm using (wxWidgets, which offers cross-platform GUI support) seems to be... unreliable. Either that or I'm not using it properly. Either way, I would really prefer to have native support (and for the stand alone version also native sound card support).

There is currently also an issue with 32 bit Ubuntu (Linux) version 13 and 14, which also seems to be wxWidgets-related. So, I really want to get rid of it asap.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:47 am 

Hi, thanks for the reply. What you wrote about the cross-platform GUI makes sense...the controls are kind of hard to adjust, and when authorizing after purchasing, I noticed that the plugin wanted control-V for pasting the serial number instead of the Mac-normal command-V.

I also just discovered that even just removing the Stereo Tool plugin from an Ableton Live session seems to crash Live. Was trying to see if removing the plugin before quitting would be a workaround for the crash-on-quit...guess not!

At any rate, I'm at least able to use Stereo Tool for what I need...I'm looking forward to seeing a more Mac-friendly rewrite as you mentioned though. Seems odd that on a brand new high-end iMac that I should have to slow the GUI refresh down to near zero in order to monitor audio glitch-free.