All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm 

Stereo Tool 7.51 Standalone + Jack

Hello,

I'm using an older Mac with Stereo Tool 7.51 + Jack + an M-Audio FastTrack Pro Audio Interface as a stand-alone processor for a live, internet-based weekly show. The stand-alone version of Stereo Tool was working fine, but is now, suddenly crashing immediately on startup. I've tried starting with Jack running, without Jack running, Restarting, and even re-downloading Stereo Tool and copying the new version of the app over to the Applications folder to no avail.

Please advise. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:51 am 
Site Admin

Please try renaming (not removing, because if this fixes it I want you to send it to me) the Stereo Tool settings file.

If I recall correctly, it's something like ~/.stereotool.rc
(~ is the user directory home).

I can look up more details if this isn't enough info (I can imagine that not everyone knows what ~ is etc..)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:52 am 

Update: I tracked down the stereo_tool.rc file, deleted it, and now it starts up again. There must've been a configuration or preset issue. Makes me a little nervous, though. Hmmm.

Haha, we both came to the same conclusion at the same time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:54 am 

I still have the file, although I manipulated it slightly (removed the active and recent presets, thinking it was auto-loading them), that did not fix it, but moving the file to a different location on disk did. Please let me know where I can send it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:36 am 
Site Admin

Please send it to my email address (which you can find at the bottom of http://www.stereotool.com/ , I'm not posting it here to avoid getting a lot of spam).