All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:08 am 

I'm using StereoTool with Windows 8.1 on a MacBook Pro Retina 13.3" (2560x1600). With StereoTool 7.50, the interface looks fine. User interface elements (graphs, buttons, sliders) scale nicely.

Screenshot #1, StereoTool 7.50

With StereoTool 7.51 however, some elements (the graphs) are completely disproportionate with everything else on screen.

Screenshot #2, StereoTool 7.51

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:54 am 
Site Admin

The resolution looks very different! (The texts are much smaller in the 7.51 screenshot). Are you sure that 7.50 is ok? Because the text size doesn't change if you use a different screen size.

Btw, you are running the Windows version? (Asking because you mentioned the MacBook... but I see an icon in the corner which if I recall correctly I have never added to the Mac version, and the whole interface looks Windows-ish).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:39 am 

I'm running Windows 8.1 on my MacBook, so this is indeed the Windows version. :)
I suspect it's in the way Windows handles DPI-settings on high-resolution screens, but that doesn't explain why 7.50 works fine and 7.51 doesn't.

I'll do some additional testing in OS X as well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

I think I might know what happened. I didn't change anything in the code wrt. the GUI so it cannot be that.

But I switched to a new compiler. Before I used one from 2007. Now I use the most recent one. Which probably has support for new Windows features that the old one did not.

So, I'm guessing that - in some Windows versions - Windows itself was resizing the window contents (because I definitely never wrote code to do that). The new compiler probably requires me to do something in my code to achieve the same effect.

Having said this, I've tested with displays upto 1600x1200, yours is a lot bigger and I do indeed recall that I've set a maximum to the height of the bars in the center panel (above the waveforms). So that would indeed explain this.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:05 am 

StereoTool 7.60 comes with an interesting change:
Quote:
GUI: Improved layout for very high resolutions (2560x1920)
Looks like additional testing is in order!

Screenshot #3, StereoTool 7.60

There is definitely improvement! The multiband- and input/output meters are positioned better, but text elements are still extremely small and difficult to read.