All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Question
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:34 pm 

I realized if I use for my radio Rds option does not cover the entire area, lost power transmitter.
detachment Rds Option and return to his power? :roll: you have an idea why this happens?

Post subject: Re: Question
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:32 pm 
Site Admin

Actually this doesn't make any sense...

So, if I understand you correctly, if you turn RDS on, the area where you station can be received is smaller?!

Are you also using the Stereo Tool stereo options? I could imagine that something like this happens if you combine the Stereo Tool pilot + RDS with a pilot + stereo signal from the transmitter. (Both pilots could get in each others way, and especially if the signal gets weaker stereo reception might get bad or cause static).

If you're using the Stereo Tool's stereo + RDS options, RDS is only about 4% of the total signal - it really doesn't make any sense that that would reduce your reception area.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:33 pm 

Quote:
I realized if I use for my radio Rds option does not cover the entire area, lost power transmitter.
detachment Rds Option and return to his power? :roll: you have an idea why this happens?
And if i understand this, that is just not possible.
The rds don't have nothing with transmitter VF output.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:34 pm 

Quote:

So, if I understand you correctly, if you turn RDS on, the area where you station can be received is smaller?!

Are you also using the Stereo Tool stereo options? I could imagine that something like this happens if you combine the Stereo Tool pilot + RDS with a pilot + stereo signal from the transmitter. (Both pilots could get in each others way, and especially if the signal gets weaker stereo reception might get bad or cause static).

If you're using the Stereo Tool's stereo + RDS options, RDS is only about 4% of the total signal - it really doesn't make any sense that that would reduce your reception area.
Yes precisely Active Stereo+ Rds options and the signal decreases, is true is not a joke..I did several tests ,consuming a full gas with my car. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:03 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:

Yes precisely Active Stereo+ Rds options and the signal decreases, is true is not a joke..I did several tests ,consuming a full gas with my car. :cry:
If you're broadcasting in stereo, you'll get stereo hiss... That's normal - mono stations can be received up to a much bigger distance. Although most car radios will automatically switch to mono when the reception deteriorates, which solves this...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:52 am 

if it's about audio... i want to add that car radios (90%) of them shows stereo when is signal under 70%. it's actualy mono.
That is because they want to audio be clear as long as possible.

And what i think is here is case is AF/TA option where car radio remembers and there is and audio volume you can set for AF/TA mode on reciver. i bet it's that ;)

Turn off AF and TA on car radio.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:41 pm 

you have not understood anything ,no matter
solved by AIROMATE
good week

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:29 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
you have not understood anything ,no matter
solved by AIROMATE
good week
Now I'm really interested in what's going on here...

Theoretically, the signal from your transmitter should NOT be weaker if you add stereo or RDS data.

But I have another idea that might explain what you're seeing. If you're using Stereo Tool, the output signal is (depending on the processing settings) VERY loud. Now if there's a problem with the transmitter volume (broadcasting too loud), it will constantly be too loud. And MAYBE your radio is better able to handle that if the signal is very strong. Note sure about this though...

If you're still interested in testing, could you try what happens if you use Stereo Tool using NO processing at all? (Except pre-emphasis and the final limiter to keep the pre-emphasized signal within limits, and of course using the stereo + RDS encoders.)

Potential causes:
- Stereo Tool contains a stereo widener, and the output signal is very strong - if your sound card plays high frequencies louder than low frequencies (the stereo signal is encoded at very high frequencies), that might cause issues (and explain why there's no problem when you're not using Stereo+RDS).
- Some sound cards (especially those made by Creative/SoundBlaster, yes that includes the X-Fi cards) have high frequency harmonics and huge phase shifts. That might also cause all kinds of problems, which might get worse when the reception gets weaker.

If your signal weakens and there are some stations at neighboring frequencies, and your signal is too loud, the receiver may not be able to "know" which signal it needs to play if your signal enters the area allocated to the other station. Especially if the sound card (or the transmitter) causes peaks that should not be present in the signal, this can happen - and it will happen far more often if you're using a lot of processing to make the signal louder.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:25 am 

Quote:
Theoretically, the signal from your transmitter should NOT be weaker if you add stereo or RDS data.
Theoretically and practicaly that is not possible. i Just try to put extreme output signal from SoundCard to transmitter ...
and from output 300Watts and signal at my home at 92dB i again have 300Watts and 92dB no matter is it output from soundcard is stereo or stereo+rds.

but strange thing is .. airomate works :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:23 pm 

I have no idea ,I tried to use tools stero FM I went to work 2 km away and I realized that the signal was weak .Arrival at noon at home and shut RDS tools and active Airomate,and the signal receiving returns ok,the evening I still test with RDS stereo tool but without success decreases the power of receiving.it's a pity
I have a 15 W transmitter that's good for his work pulls up 15 Km.Enigma