All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: RDS time
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:25 pm 

At this moment it's the so called daylight saving time period (summer time), so the clock is one hour further. It seems like Stereo Tool, uses still the winter time. At the moment it's 22:25 and Stereo Tool says 20:25 + 01:00. That makes 21:25, so one hour ago ;-)
The region settings in Windows are correct, also the time in Windows is correct. GMT + 1.

Edit:
This seems like something in Windows Vista. I just installed XP and there the time is fine. At the Mac version of ST I see also the time of one hour before.
Does anybody else with Vista or Mac OSX has the same thing?

Post subject: Re: RDS time
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:26 pm 

I forgot to mention this is the 64 bit version. Another person has the same problem and he is running 64 bit version also.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:23 am 
Site Admin

Found the solution. Not the cause. I've been searching online for this issue and I found lots of code examples to get the difference between local time and UT. But they all failed on 64 bit Windows. :shock:

There's a function to get UT. Which returns, for example, 1:10
Then there's a function to get local time. Which returns 3:10
Oddly, when I calculate the difference between the two, I get 1 instead of 2 hours. In 32 bit Windows it returns 2.

Since I *can* see the correct hours and minutes, I'm now checking if there's an extra offset of at most 2 hours, and if so, I add that to the RDS time zone info. This seems to work. I hope there are no unexpected side effects...

Fix will be available in 7.51 BETA 023

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:13 pm 

Just saw this post. I don't think I can test this at the moment, as it's already wintertime and the time is now +1 in stead of the +2 hours. The end of March it's again +2 :mrgreen: