All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:18 pm 
Site Admin

Found it! I'll put a fix online in a few minutes.

(I had forgotten to turn off some logging in the beta version. This logging was written to disk. In XP32, that went very fast and it didn't disturb the processing. In XP64, it did for some reason...).

About the other processors that you mention: No, I've never worked with any of them... I did receive some emails with hints from one or two people who have used those, but most of the processing in Stereo Tool is based on "intuition" ("hey, if I tweak this a bit it might sound better") and what I heard just by listening to FM stations...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

New version is available! Thanks for your bug report. (I just got a new PC this week so I switched to XP-64 this week... Which is why I didn't notice this before).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:23 am 

The sad part is this... Do you remember how I posted a preset a while back and there was nearly NO treble? A few of the FM stations here sound JUST LIKE THAT. The treble is forced into the background in favor of everything else -- and they're using $15k Orban 8500s to do that, too!

I'm currently working on a preset to optimize encoding for aacPlus while maintaining treble response and dynamic range, yet still be normalizing the audio. The behavior of the preset is based on my knowledge of the aacPlus CODEC. I will post it when I feel it is quality enough material, which should be soon -- as well as why everything is set the way it is.

3.20 is working without the issue for me now! Thank you for fixing it!