All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:51 am 

It is still impossible to use Natural Dynamics (maybe other hidden settings too ?) with the VST version.
Ok, you can load a STS with ND enabled, but whenever you use the traditional VST .fxp preset system or any other internal system of the host applications the hidden Natural Dynamics settings get lost (with latest Beta versions and with Beta 77 the last version with visible Natural Dynamics in the GUI too).

So you can use it (Natural Dynamics with the Stereo Tool VST version) for realtime listening (using STS presets), but not for traditional processing (offline, batch rendering), because all the host applications I know always perform an initial settings reset and apply the (internally stored) settings before the rendering process starts.

I do not use the VST version on a regular basis, I just do Beta testing the VST version from time to time.
This (Beta testing) is my way of contribution to the Stereo Tool project.
I have to admit that I still do not have registered Stereo Tool, because most of the time I use the DSP version.
I do not need the Declipper, FM or Loudness ($).
Though I feel a little bit guilty that I still use it for free, but at the moment it seems as if my financial situation is even getting worse.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:06 am 
Site Admin

Hey Michi,

You are contributing with your tests already - don't worry about not paying!

Now about this issue: I know. I just didn't want to stall the release yet again to fix this issue first (I originally intended to release version 6.20 in March of this year :shock: :shock: :shock: without declipper and improved clipper etc, but still). I will fix it eventually...

BTW: In the (I should make a shortcut for this so I don't have to type it this often ;-) ) huge redesign that I've planned, one of the changes is that the VST and STS (or maybe even a new format) interfaces will not be separate code paths anymore, so differences like this won't occur anymore.