All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:08 am 

I haven't been able to figure out how to avoid WatchCat from hanging on the final step of processing files. I'm using 2.0.11 (unregistered), and taking FLAC files in one folder, normalizing them, applying Stereo Tool, and saving them as a FLAC file in a different folder.

At first I though the problem with the numbers, decimals, and dashes I had at the beginning of files, but removing these didn't seem to change anything. I then thought normalizing them might be the problem, so I removed that step. It still hangs at 99% or 100% on seemingly random files, eventually filling up all six slots. If I click the "X" to the right, the files don't clear.

I also thought I had too many threads, so I tried five, then four, then three, then two, then only one file. I tried 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 core. In each case, it eventually hung. If the file name is not changed, it will hang again when reloaded. Change the file name, and it will often process. The same is true with dragging and dropping a file, as it if it "remembers" hanging on that file in the past.

What information could I provide, or what should I look at, to resolve this issue?

Attachments:
WatchCat.png
WatchCat.png [ 60.29 KiB | Viewed 555 times ]

Tulsa, Oklahoma USA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:25 pm 

I believe I've answered my own question.

My files were FLAC files. I converted them to WAV files, and it completed without further incident.

This would qualify as a bug, wouldn't it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:37 am 

Quote:
I believe I've answered my own question.

My files were FLAC files. I converted them to WAV files, and it completed without further incident.

This would qualify as a bug, wouldn't it?
I had a slight hunch this was a solution. I've notified Tom about it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:53 pm 

I'm having trouble replicating this in the latest beta (WatchCat Version 2.0.11 build 6f910b3 / build date Feb 29 2024). My 24 bit 48000 flacs work when converting to flac (keeping metadata and samplerate). Going to try more permutations since I seem to recall having a similar issue a while back.

EDIT: I still cannot reproduce this and I've run out of formats. Could you DM me a link to one of the problem flacs so I can get it to somebody who can hopefully figure something out?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:33 am 

Quote:
I'm having trouble replicating this in the latest beta (WatchCat Version 2.0.11 build 6f910b3 / build date Feb 29 2024). My 24 bit 48000 flacs work when converting to flac (keeping metadata and samplerate). Going to try more permutations since I seem to recall having a similar issue a while back.

EDIT: I still cannot reproduce this and I've run out of formats. Could you DM me a link to one of the problem flacs so I can get it to somebody who can hopefully figure something out?
You will come up to be getting issues that are similar to those found in the most recent beta version of WatchCat. Trying out with various settings and variation may aid in the successful recognition and resolution of the problem.Magic 8 ball