All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:00 pm 

when ticking under configuration of "auto start with windows" in ST, ST never auto-starts when rebooting/logging off using the registry path created by ST:
Code:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
if the registry path is changed manually using regedit, then ST will auto-start normally (even with "auto start with windows" unticked in ST):
Code:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
the string value:
Code:
string value name=stereo_tool; string value data="C:\Program Files\Stereo Tool\StereoTool.exe"
system specifications:
64Bit ST 9.84 beta 031, windows 11 64bit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

Just to make sure: I assume that what we currently do in Stereo Tool auto-starts it when you login, and the option that you give makes it start even if nobody logs in?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:29 pm 

Just going to say, I've never once had Auto-start with Windows work, even in Enterprise. Win10x64 21h2, currently version 19044.2130. Never looked deeply into why or posted about it since I migrated from BreakawayOne which requires manual startup (without the Management package).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

Weird. There's always the option to run it as a service, that way it starts up before anything else, and if something goes wrong Windows will restart it within seconds. It runs without a GUI if you do that, but you can still use the web interface.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:35 pm 

Never checked on my win10 till now, i know it works on WindowsXP :D.. and when i set "Auto start with windows" in ST i see it in startup in task manager.. and also starts after win restart.
Idk about win11 but usually is always good to disable UAC and it's services, and stuff like "EnableLUA" in registry. Also Windows account to be administrator.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:18 pm 

Quote:
and stuff like "EnableLUA" in registry.
This is what made it work just now. But the OP's suggestion of placing it in HKLM section worked too.