All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:03 pm 

Hi,

The problem may not be only linked to the SDK, but it's where I'm seeing it at the moment.
Say I want to include stereotool with another tool (namely, liquidsoap) in a fully automated setup, namely, using ansible.

The way that seem to be indicated would be to download as needed the .zip from thimeo.com, precisely: https://download.thimeo.com/Stereo_Tool ... plugin.zip (or parse that from the download page, another story). I can parse the download page to get an idea of what version I'm downloading, not very fun, but doable.

So now, if I download the file, to get an idea of the version, I need to parse the first part of the path (that has backslashes, and no directory structure, that's another issue) to get an idea of what version I'm installing. Could that be easier?

Also, if 10.x breaks and I want to rollback, I have a page for 9.92… But if I'm already on 10.x, and want to deploy a previous version (thanks for 10.20, it's amazing though ;)) to avoid having a non-reproductible setup either… I have to store the previous version myself, or I have to live with the new version (that may be untested, broken…).

Could we have the milestones / minor versions available for download in a seemingly automated way? Maybe that's already available and I don't know about it, please enlighten me if so ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:07 pm 

Replying to myself, downloads seem to be available at https://download.thimeo.com/libStereoTool_XXYY.zip

Can we count on that? Is parsing the download page the good way to get an idea if we're missing out on a newer release (in an automated way)?