All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:24 pm 

Understood. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:01 am 

I have this same problem, its not gapless playing I am looking for, its playing the song I have selected without hearing anything at all left over from the previous song or if the song you are playing is stopped and restarted, there is an artifact left over of the very same song that goes to FOH unless one remembers to mute and thats a pain mostly because one forgets to mute or if you do remember to mute you then usually forget to unmute.

It all adds up to not being able to use stereo tool and so therefore I now have it disabled and use winamp without it.

Something needs to be done about the artifact left in the buffer or where ever it is to defeat this problem.

I was using 3.53 (as I had lots of troubles with 3.55 so went back to 3.53) but now don't use either and would really like to.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:36 am 
Site Admin

I guess I can add an option to clear all buffers if no audio has been played for a certain period. So if you start a new song after some silence, the buffers will contain silence. You'll still miss the end of a song, but you won't hear anything at the start of a new song then...

What issues did you have with version 3.55? I'm working on a new version now, if there's something wrong in 3.55 I want to fix it in this new release!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:29 am 

A buffer flush on track change (even if simply as an option that can be set) would be great. Note, that I specified track change -- it's not simply when a new track is played after a certain period of time, but anytime a track changes. (If fade-out were to work as well I would be deliriously happy!)

I have to agree with the prior comment -- this problem led me simply to stop using StereoTool, which is a shame because the sound is fantastic. In fact, it led me to stop using WinAmp for playback, because Media Jukebox 12 provides fade out on stop/pause and some sound enhancement (not as good though, and in fact can be "ear"itating at some settings).

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

Monfer: For track changes, the "gapless" solution described prior in this thread should work.

The problem is that this is a Winamp issue, not a Stereo Tool issue. If you use Stereo Tool in other programs, this issue doesn't occur...

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:26 pm 

Yes, I think you may be correct. I tried WinAmp again and nothing but problems, especially with v. 3.55 (configuration would only partially display).

By chance do you have a version you can supply to J. River for their Media Jukebox 12 and Media Center 13? Just copying the dll into the program directory doesn't seem to work; it appears that you can only install plugins that you can download from them. A pain.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

Monfer, can you send a screenshot?

And can you try if this beta version with a completely new interface works better? http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... _BETA2.exe

Just to check that the problem won't occur in the next version that I'm planning to release in a short while.

Note: I'll try to add the gap-detection and buffer-clearing code to this version tonight.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:20 pm 

I tried to do a screen shot, but this time nothing came up -- Winamp was simply frozen with the "configure" button pressed. StereoTool showed on the task bar as running, but I could never get it to appear on the screen. Perhaps it is a (video?) memory use issue? I could still minimize and restore and switch to all the other applications I had running, but finally had to kill Winamp with the task manager.

I'll try the newer version now.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:44 pm 

Re the beta, so far I can tell you this:

1. The first time I went to configure ST, it popped up just fine. Every time after that, when I clicked "configure" nothing happened. However, when I right-clicked on the ST tab in the task bar, it popped into view.

2. The "presets" seem to repeat several times in the drop-down pick list.

3. The font in the main screen is not great (some letters and words run together), and I can't resize the window.

Hope this helps! I'll keep playing with it and let you know if I come up with anything else. By the way, I think pre-sets are really important, because most of what ST does is waaaaay beyond the average user. Sound is great, though. What an improvement through my little laptop speakers!!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:06 pm 
Site Admin

About the font: Does it look different than in this screen shot?

You're right about the presets - I'll fix it asap.