All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:21 am 

Hi all

I have been using this pluging without any problems for a while all of a sudden the plug locks up.

I have ran tests tonight / this morning to find out what could be up as it's only started playing up today.

I have noticed that it freezes on a song change or a program change. I'm using the same sound card before and Sam V.4.7.1

Does anyone else have this problem?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

Are you sure that you're using the stand alone version (which is not a plugin)? 'standalone plugin' is confusing...

The stand alone version only processes incoming data, and is completely unaware of any song changes. (Although during song changes the CPU load would probably be higher, so that could have some effect).

As far as I know, SAM also sends a continuous stream of data to DSP plugins, so if you're using the DSP plugin version, I would also expect it to be unaware of song changes.

Can you give some more details on what 'locking up' means exactly? Does it crash (Windows reports that it must be closed), or does it stop playing sound, and if so can you still move the window / click on buttons etc?

If you are indeed using the stand alone version, how did you connect it to SAM? Virtual Audio Cable?

If you are using the plugin version, is SAM still active? Is there still sound playing?

And finally: How often does this happen now, and how long have you used it without this issue?
Oh, and what do you mean by a 'program change'?

Sorry for the large number of questions, but this behavior is new to me, and probably very difficult to reproduce, which is why I'm trying to get as much info as possible to be able to pinpoint the cause.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:29 pm 

Hi sorry thats my fault I meant I use the Plugin for Winamp rather than the standlone option.

I will try and answer the questions as still new to this but this is that what happens.

On a song change the the sound settings drop back to SAM's settings, which is low as all their AGC presets are bypassed to allow your plugin to work and when you open the plugin screen there is no movement on the lines at the bottom, with regards to what I meant on a show change is I use recorded shows so when it changes from hour 1 to hour 2 so in effect the same as a music track changing.

Sound is still playing via Sam but to get the plugin back working I have to restart SAM.

This has just started happening yesterday and never have had this problems since the purchase.

I have a video that I recorded on my phone which I could email to you to show you the problem

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, clear. The same thing happens in Winamp if there's a crash in Stereo Tool, so my guess would be that this has the same cause.

Which Stereo Tool version are you using? 5.02, or one of the newer BETA's? (If you're using an older version than 5.02: In 5.00 there was a bug which could cause this type of behavior if you play absolute silence, which could happen at a song change! So then please upgrade to 5.02!)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:45 pm 

Hi

I'm using 5.02 I'm just uploading a demo video to mytube as I can't mail the recorded video from phone as to big.

I will send you a copy of URL to video when uploaded and you can have a look for yourself at the moment I have disabled the plugin witihin SAM.

It must be something within SAm as I just run Winamp on same machine created a playlist and add a couple of songs and stereo toll and winamp works perfectly.

Another Update

I can confirm this is defo a SAM issue as I have another PC that runs the same verison of SAM and 5.02 and just tested it on there and it does the same thing.

Another Update

Just to give you another update I can confirm there has to be an issue with the plugin and SAM v.4.7.1 as on my laptop I have SAM V4.5.6 and I installed the latest Stereo Tool plugin and it works perfectly.