(Big jump in version number because I have been remotely debugging an ASIO bug which turned out to be - in most part - a bug in a ASIO driver, I needed this many builds that I also installed on that pc to determine that).
Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: http://www.stereotool.com/download/ster ... 84-048.exe
Winamp DSP: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_ ... 84-048.exe
Windows VST 32 bit: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 84-048.dll
- Add 'already in use' to ASIO claim buffers error message.
- Fixed ASIO memory allocation bug (would have allocated memory without ever using or freeing it in some cases).
- ASIO: Added Left/Right indications in dropdown list.
- ASIO sometimes crashes when changing channels - error c000000005 in ASIO driver. -> Is a problem in the Axia ASIO driver. If you use 2 channels that belong to adjacent Left/Right pairs it can crash. Not something that I can (or should) fix.
- Fixed a bug in internal preset loading (not all settings were reset).
- Some things were broken in the ASIO fix, solved (I hope I fixed all).
- Add new presets.
- Fix GUI-related hiccups in VST in Audition reported by Ted - for BETA016 he also reported now that the audio is different when loading via VST host! - 018 set, waiting for feedback - no still didn't fix it. Grrrr... Waiting for Audition settings. -> Ha, managed to reproduce it!!! Great -> Seems ok now, at least on my end...
- Graying out PEQ's in Bypass mode.
- GUI: Weird jump in scopes when using Ignore High Frequencies and view size is 10 seconds when moving in/out of scope panel. -> Ah, caused by difference between full redraw (on move over) and scrolling to the left (when normally functioning). Too difficult to fix now, also not a very big problem (although it is annoying).
- ASIO bufferChanged call watchdog doesn't work (and probably never has). -> Confirmed, not urgent then. Can be part of redesign. -> Ah, not really a problem I think because the ASIO watchdog works on the input. Only a few lines are not monitored this way. Forget about it.
- ASIO: Changed default channels to disabled except for Normal Output and Input.
- ASIO: Add more output selections - Increased from 8 to 32
- True Bass: Maybe make HPF depend on selected peak frequency? Might not be needed, BETA017 seems to be ok. - Done, also added an extra phase linear HPF for higher latencies.
- Auto freq should be 19200 for Composite with Stokkemask, otherwise normal calculation! So check Stokkemask + Composite instead of just Composite.
- GUI: Add disabling of MPX display -> Connected to waveform display
- Fix hiccups in stand alone version at 44.1 kHz reported by Benny -> Cause was a Sync problem with Extra Delay set to a value more than the size of the buffer below 0. Also the difference between the sound cards used is more than 1%, which is kinda insane.
- Added new preset (Jeroen Platenkamp - Sublime for FM).
- Improved non-phase linear HPF filter a bit, it works better when used after other filters now. According to new reports overshoots shown on the Innovonics analyser dropped to about 1-2% when True Bass is set to +7 (which is already very high) at latency 1024 (was 8% in BETA010).
- Fix ASIO support: Only claim the channels that are actually in use, and allow using more than 6.
Warning: Not yet thoroughly tested!
- GUI: Disable Composite Limiter slider when Hard Limit is disabled.
- Changed De-esser default value. It's now disabled by default. This reduces the CPU load of the composite clipper by about 2%. And it's normally not needed anyway.
- Made HPF filter for True Bass non-phase linear as well if non-phase linear HPF if used. Note: This does mean that some cancellation can occur above the filter frequency!
- Check if True Bass generates too low subs and if needed add HPF. -> Non-phase linear HPF is done before True Bass, the True Bass signal itself needs to be highpass filtered separately in this case! -> First improvement done, waiting for feedback. -> Much better, some more improvements needed.
121. Automatic "Ignore high frequencies above" frequency selection. 19200 for composite, maximum lowpass freq + something for others.
- Fix PNR for VST plugins (at least partial fix).
- Add backup sound card support (sound card 1 switches to 2 after some silence).
- Bug fix: Non-phase linear de-emphasis was killing BS412.
- Bug fix: Synchronization to external RDS signal could sometimes have a hiccup due to a threading issue.
- Show a warning when someone enables non-phase linear de-emphasis. Among others about peaks!
- Add function to Get parameter values for Generic plugin version
- Added 8 times oversampled non-phase linear Butterworth de-emphasis to match some hardware unit's pre-emphasis behavior.
- Some filter to clean up ringing artifacts when using steep bandpass filters contained an error which caused some clicking effects, mainly in low bass (This bug has probably been there since version 5.00!).
- BS412 didn't calculate the level correctly when using left/right output instead of MPX output, and when 'Pre-emphasized output' was not enabled. Fixed. This can have a big effect!
- Set Jeroen Platenkamp's Sublime preset Normal clipper drive to 0 dB (equal to FM drive).
- Attempt to make scope skinnable. -> Done as far as needed for now.
- Hide some deprecated settings in some situations.
- Improve RESET behavior: Now gives preferred values instead of traditonal values that were needed for compatibility when loading old presets.
- Wait for final 7 Wonders preset
- O Skin
- Move noise gate into MB1, probably let it act on audio *after* AGC. Alternatively compensate for AGC, but that's not how many others do it.
- ASIO number of channels in GUI should actually be dynamically set.
- Add a warning for the negative Extra Delay value that's bigger than (or almost as big as) the buffer size??
- Adding option to share band split/merge between multiple filters (starting with 2 MB's). This should
reduce the CPU load a bit, but so far that doesn't really seem to be the case (14.5% to 14.3%). -> Disabled for now, keep for later (next version).
- GUI: Weird jump in scopes when using Ignore High Frequencies and view size is 10 seconds when moving in/out of scope panel. -> Ah, caused by difference between full redraw (on move over) and scrolling to the left (when normally functioning).
- Hide deprecated settings when not default, also update Reset behavior
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT RESULTS (values shown in GUI, so on one core):
- Nothing: 0.1% With Overhead (top CPU load indicator): 0.6%
- AGC 1 band: 0.4%
- AGC 2bands: 1.1%
- AGC 3bands: 1.4% --> So 0.3% per band, 0.4% extra when switching on multiple bands. That 0.4% must be the cleanup filter.
- Stereo Boost: 1.6%
- ACR Stereo: 0.6%
- Stereo Image: 0.3%
- AZIMUTH: 0.4%
- ND 9 bands: 2.1%/2.2%
- Noise Gate: 1.7%
- Declipper: 2.3%
- Phase Rotation: 0.2%
- Phase Delay: 0.3%
- True Bass 2 bands: 1.6%
- MB1 9 bands digital: 4.2%
- MB1 9 bands analog: 2.5% --> Weird, uses more than ND!!! That's unexpected since ND is based on Digital mode.
- MB1+2 9 band analog combined: 4.8%
- MB1+2 9 band analog split: 4.8%
- MB2 9 bands analog: 2.9% (raar)
- Bass Boost: 0.8%
- Singleband digital: 1.0%
- Singleband analog: 0.6%
- Advanced Clipper: 3.7% (met de-esser?)
- FM RDS/Stereo: 0.4%
- Advanced Clipper: 3.5%
- FM + Advanced Clipper: 3.7%
- FM + Advanced Clipper + Pre-emphasis: 3.7%
- FM + Advanced Clipper + Pre-emphasis + Stereo + RDS: 3.7%
- Same with Composite Clipper: 10.1%
- Strictness at 5 instead of 8: 7.5%
- With Stokkemask: 13.3%